Smallest Birthday Card Ever

D

dhoenisch

Hey all, I make this card and just thought I'd share with you all as you all may appreciate it.

My mom has been wanting a new Baritone ukulele, and she is stuck wanting the Lanikai S-B. So, she needs about $250 for that and a case. Unfortunately, it seems me and my whole family are just broke all the time these days, so none of us can afford to just go out and buy it for her. So, we talked and decided we are all going to give her cash for her birthday and make it specifically for the uke. That way, I can drive her to Sam Ash Music so she can test drive a few of them and grab the one she wants. Hoepfully, together we can come up with more than $250 in case there is a more expensive one she would rather have.

I'm not one to just to out and buy a generic birthday card, so I decided to make my own. And what better card to make than one with a ukelele? Well, I took it a step further and found a picture of a Lanikai uke to use for a card. Then, I got a weird idea to make the card the shape of a uke. For that, I had to do another search for a Lanikai Soprano to make the card less fragile.

So, about 30-minutes later, I have a card that will fit in a standard #10 envelope that should hold a few bucks folded.

Here's what I made (Sorry, I'm so broke right now that I don't even have any paper money, so I used a quarter to illustrate the size of the card).
Bdaycard1.jpg

Bdaycard2.jpg

Bdaycard3.jpg

Dan

P.S. I hope Sam Ash has a real version of this uke. It's pretty, and now I want one. Of course, I'd be too broke to buy one, but I can still play it at least :)

Very creative! I know I would be really tickled with this, and appreciative that you took the time to make a special card. However much you all are able to put into it, she will appreciate that too.

Very classy! What a good child!

Personally, I do not believe Hallmark© could have done any better. Awesome idea that I am sure she will love, and probably one she will put in the "keep" folder.

Great idea. Bet it'll be one of your Mom's all time favorite cards. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

Thanks for all of the kind words all. I can't wait to give it to her. I just got paid, so after I ration out my paycheck to all the friendly bill collectors, I'll be able to see how much I can load into this paper uke :)

Dan

Top Bottom