hey hey

josh.kattelman

Reaction score
So...the folks over at the "Luthier's Lounge" are not so hip to my DIY apartment veneer build. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was definitely NOT expecting to be ripped apart by people who do this kind of thing professionally. *shrugs* Not too worried about it, really.

Let me assure you all that I am NOT a troll, NOT an arrogant young punk and NOT someone who doesn't realize how little he knows. I'm just a regular dude new to this whole uke thing. =) I have a classical music degree in guitar performance, and I want to get out of the kitchen and do music for a living. So...patience, patience, yes, yes...

Anyhoo...anybody especially interested in early music? I have a lute that I'd love to play, but it needs a lot of TLC before it is playable. I play some of the same rep on the uke, too.

Good luck with your project. Sorry your adventure into luthier land didn't work out.
Defensiveness and sarcasm is a sure recipe for disaster. Patience required on both sides. Those guys are serious artists and try their best to help noobies at uke building and try hard to keep them from getting into trouble with a project. Hard to shrug off getting hurt feelings.
Keep on keepin on.

Oh, I am not at all worried about it. No hurt feelings here! Musicians are such a testy bunch, geeezzzz.

Top Bottom