Kiwaya KTS-7 Mint with hard case.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Kiwaya KTS-7 Mint with hard case SOLD!

SOLD! Thanks, UU!
This is a like-new Kiwaya KTS-7, with a hard case. Built in Japan, Kiwaya is (in my opinion) the best production builder of ukuleles on the market today. At the risk of inciting a riot, I will say that I believe they are making better Martin copies than Martin is currently building. This all-solid mahogany copy of a Martin style 3 is built extremely light, which I believe is a key quality of a great-sounding ukulele. I have owned many vintage Martin sopranos, and I kid you not when I say that it sounds better than many vintage Martins I've had, and plays as smoothly and easily as any ukulele I've ever played. That may sound like hyperbole, but it isn't. The build, finish, and fretwork are all superb. Plays like butter up the entire length of the extended fretboard, and the intonation is spot on, thanks to the compensated saddle. With the appointments of a vintage Martin style 3, including the elegant parend inlay, extended 17 fret fingerboard with skunk stripe, and 7 layer binding around the body and rosette, this uke is a UAS killer (if such a thing exists). Just compare the rosette and the carefully-sculpted fretboard extension to those same features on a reissue 3M from Martin, and you'll appreciate the attention to detail that Kiwaya has become well-known for. One piece mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard... the nickle-plated Gotoh deluxe tuners adjust and hold like a charm. The best things about this ukulele though, are the rich, warm, open tone and buttery playability. When you pick it up, you won't want to put it down. If you've only played one of these in the shop, with black strings, believe me, I put Worth Clear medium fluorocarbons on this baby and it sang out with a voice like Mandy Patinkin. I hate to let it go, but I'm a family man with expenses, & you can't have everything. List price is $1,150.00. Elderly sells them for $1,035.00. This one is in mint condition, and I'm including a very nice hardshell case, in excellent condition for $875 + actual shipping/insurance. Please feel free to email with any questions, & thanks for looking!
You can email me at erniegilbertjr (at) gmail (dot) com (fix spam-proofing)
SOLD!
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Last edited:
One more pic (I was unable to attach to the first post).
06.jpg
And yet one more, to confirm ownership...
note.jpg

Last edited:
Hi janeray. Believe me- I know all too well the feeling when opportunity and account balance don't line up properly! (sometimes that's probably a good thing!)

I have owned many vintage Martin sopranos, and I kid you not when I say that it sounds better than many vintage Martins I've had, and plays as smoothly and easily as any ukulele I've ever played.

That's why I sold my Martins. I love my Kiwaya.

I had the opportunity to play a kts-7 and believe me, its definitely worth the price tag. New. This one is a real deal for someone looking for one.

Just my two cents worth (as I already own a KTS-7): This is a great deal on a really wonderful soprano. I also own two vintage Martins. The Kiwaya has the same vibe. It's not identical, but it's pretty darned close. It has a great sound, and is really well-made. Someone ought to snap this up. I love mine!

Glad to have some corroboration on how nice these ukes are. Thanks to all who've chimed in!

Because of a need to sell this ukulele quickly, I'm dropping the price to $825 OBO + shipping insurance (Paypal needed by Friday 24th). The only other two that are available online as far as I can tell are $1035.00 (Elderly) and $1,257.98 (ebay). This one is in mint condition, and comes with a hard case. A steal at this price. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Top Bottom