Bought Roland AC-33 for my uke

consitter

Reaction score
I just purchased a Roland AC-33 acoustic dual powered (battery or AC) amp last week to play my uke on girl scout outings such as camping trips. It will do well for that, but has anybody with a little more sophistication heard anything good/bad/ugly about these amps.

It has a phrase looper that doesn't work quite as well as I think it should. When you play something, then play it back, it comes back muffled. Can't understand that. Any input from anyone will be welcome.

Scott

Roland makes some of the best, and most expensive acoustic amplification. Everyone of their amps I have tried with either guitar or ukulele have been stellar in their reproduction of the signal and sound.

I'm not sure about the looper feature. I have a couple of amps with this feature, and on both the identical scenario happens, very muted, but it's according to the settings and gain you put on the amp. Try working your gain and eq a bit more to see if that will bring up the recording level, or if it's a programmable unit, go in and see if the level can be raised by programming.

Roland makes some of the best, and most expensive acoustic amplification. Everyone of their amps I have tried with either guitar or ukulele have been stellar in their reproduction of the signal and sound.

I'm not sure about the looper feature. I have a couple of amps with this feature, and on both the identical scenario happens, very muted, but it's according to the settings and gain you put on the amp. Try working your gain and eq a bit more to see if that will bring up the recording level, or if it's a programmable unit, go in and see if the level
can be raised by programming.

Thank you so much, that is very helpful. I didn't know if it was just my amp or if others with this feature did the same. Now I know. I'll work with it and see what I can do. You're right, it's a great little amp, and is clear as a bell when I'm playing through it. This one is only a 30 amp solid state, and I did some wheelin' and dealin' to get it $300 new.

Thanks, Scott

Top Bottom