Yasuma Tenor on Fleamarket Marketplace

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Remember that thread about the Yasuma tenor on ebay that was bought and returned twice- (once by me)?
The very same tenor is now for sale on the Fleamarketmusic Marketplace (at a greatly inflated price).

For the story on this uke, search "Yasuma" on this site, & see the fairly recent thread in the marketplace section.
Here is a pic of the lifted bridge (with a glob of dried glue underneath), and one of the action.
Bridgesmall.jpg
Actionsmall.jpg

Last edited:
You bet! There was a previous thread on this uke that I wish I had read before I bought it! Happily, I was able to return it... I lost shipping, but I was glad to get most of my money back.

He's also trying to sell it locally here in Austin on craigslist, but for a slightly less inflated price.

I guess this must be a buyer (who didn't return the uke). The original seller was in Carpinteria, CA. Definitely the same uke though. You can see the 'Oxnard- Camarillo' sticker inside the sound hole.

Wow, I bet you could drive a truck under the strings at the twelfth fret!

That is such a damned shame. It looks almost like it got wet, what a belly dip on that thing! Thanks for warning the UU. I posted that uke to UU originally as I have a Yasuma search set for eBay, which is how I found mine, and it looked fine in the photos, but the original seller is an asshole. It's been nothin but a PITA.

So I just don't post anything I see up anymore. There's a misspelled Harmony bari for $80 that looks really clean and is described as such, but I ain't sayin where.

I had my Yasuma in the case on the dining room table to put an A string on, and my neighbor who is already borrowing two of my sopranos dropped in, saw it, played it, and said literally "Oh my God, that's the kind of sound I'm talking about!" and spent five minutes on the couch with it with only the three strings. He's a guitar player, I'm using the force on him to bring him over.

Yep- I agree. I've had a Yasuma soprano and a baritone, and both were great ukes. What upset me when it arrived was that not only was the damage not disclosed in the auction description, but the uke had already been returned once for the same reason, and the seller STILL didn't disclose the damage. Thankfully, it had a return guarantee, but they weren't pleasant about it, and I lost shipping. I expect the third buyer wasn't warned about the damage either. Now to go try to find that Harmony baritone...

Top Bottom