Another glue thread...

Wow!
Was happy to see it was not one of yours Sven.
The really good double sided tape can be pretty strong. Had occasion to remove a transducer from a bridge plate the other day. It was held on their pretty good and when I finally worked it off, some little splinters of the bridge plate came with it. But to think this stuff would be good enough to secure a bridge to the soundboard that is under continuous stress and flex? I don't think so.

Last edited:
It is possible to successfully glue a bridge to a well done polyester finish. I do it all the time. But you have to have your finish schedule and materials really right. If you get it right, the finish is literally sticking like glue, and with a well fit bridge, you have a very permanent bond. I use thick superglue for the task. They don't let go.

@Rick: that's interesting, I didn't know that.

This wasn't a good finish though, 0.25 mm plastic that came off in chips. Came quite cleanly off the rather nice cedar wood. When I cut the edges of the finish to get the bridge in contact with the wood it lifted and wanted to leave.

The brand is called Eagle. I think a music store chain here in Sweden have the made. Where, I hear you ask. In China. This was an semi-expensive "top of the line" model. Nothing to write home about.

Top Bottom