Two New Ukuleles in One Day

tigersister

Reaction score
I've been shopping around for a soprano for a few weeks now. This morning I went down to a couple of music stores on the other side of town, and scored a vintage ukulele. It was hard deciding between an Aloha(1916) that one store had and a Kumalae(1920's) at the other. They are both very sweet ukes. In the end I picked the Aloha. It had a little bit of a deeper, richer sound and felt "right." Honestly though, I kind of wanted to take both of them home. However, I also wanted to get a Mainland Red Cedar Soprano, so I managed to come back with only one of them. Somehow instead of quelling my desire for the Mainland (at least until Mike got them back in stock), my new uke purchase made me more eager to get my hands on the it. So, I decided this evening to get the pineapple instead of waiting for the standard one. I soooo let my inner child win today.:eek:

Here's a pic of the Aloha:
photo.JPG

Now I'd better go practice, so I can do them both justice.

~Soo

Congratulations on both purchases!! You sound very happy with them! :) The Aloha looks lovely!

The Mainland Pineapple ukes sound awesome!! I hope to get one some day soon! Which did you get? I like the look of the Concert with tenor fretboard, as played on uke republic's youtube!

Roberta

Top Bottom