Aphid & Ladybug glamor shot...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I took some glamor shots of my prototype Aphid (#001), and it's cousin, my 1st Ladybug (#002). Here they are, and how they look together all complete. I am now working on several more of em.. These are fun...

I put a couple "Hotwheel" sized cars in the shot for scale.

Enjoy...

P1050532.jpgP1050536.jpgP1050538.jpg

When I get the current few I am building done and I am able to get into the shop before it starts to get too cold to make up some more parts. The next ones tho, wont go up for sale until after they are built. Im not too crazy about taking people's hard earned money and not having them done yet.. So, I will let ya know if I can get some more parts made up.

Cute ukes! Very appealing.
You spent a lot of time on your set-up for your photo, but you could make it 100% better if you got some decent lighting on it. You could get something to light it up without the old flash-from-the-camera. Try bouncing light off the ceiling or off white poster board. Try moving it to a window where the late afternoon light is coming in. If you use a tripod, you can get low light shots without blur. I know good photography is a lot to learn, but it is worth it to convey the overall quality of your product.

–Lori

I agree with Lori about the lighting (the fall photo setting would look great with side lighting from a window).

I also think that you would convey the size of the insectiukes more effectively if you put next to them something everyone knows the size of, like eyeglasses or an apple. The toy truck could be any size and does not make them seem tiny.

Good work!

Agreed with both of you. Great ideas.. Lori, I am asshamed really, because I took 3 years of photography and film making, hahhha.. I just got lazy in my old age, and the age of digital point and shoot.. lol.. But both of you are right, I should spend some time on set up and really do a cool picture of the minis..

Top Bottom