My Mainland uke is here!

cpmusic

Reaction score
My Mainland Mahogany Tenor arrived today, and it's beautiful! The mahogany has a rich color which is enhanced by the gloss finish, and while the unbound body won't appeal to everyone, I like it. The Aquila strings were almost in tune out right of the box, the tuners are tight and precise, and intonation is spot-on. Of course, the bottom line is tone; I don't have enough experience to judge, but I like what I'm hearing, and I figure it'll only get better with age. It'll be interesting to compare it to other tenors down the road.

On some other posts I've seen thumbnails that link to popup photos. What's the procedure/protocol here?

Congats to you Chirs. I also have one. Mine is a cutaway model. I'm currently waiting for a concert pineapple with a tenor neck. Do you have any idea what the waiting period is?

I've had my tenor for about a month and just took it into the shop yesterday. I had the strings lowered some and it really made a big difference in ease of playing. The shop owner was really impressed with Mainland's quality and may try and start carrying some of their products.

Stan

Congrats on your Mainland tenor! I'm sure you're going to love it! I sure am fond of mine. To post a photo, just click on the "image" icon in the message composer window, and upload a photo from your PC.

Congrats! I'm pleased with my Mainland Mango, too.

Congrats, bet it sounds great. My son has the long neck concert pineapple....this is a real deal. Great uke.

Thanks, all! This is the first instrument I've bought remotely, but the praise Mainland gets made it easy, and that praise is justified. These pictures aren't great, but they'll do for now:

cp-uke-01.jpgcp-uke-02.jpgcp-uke-03.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently waiting for a concert pineapple with a tenor neck. Do you have any idea what the waiting period is?
Not if it's out of stock. I was originally looking at the "standard" mahogany tenor but it was out of stock and I didn't want to wait. The turnaround on in-stock models is quick, though. I bought mine online last Friday evening, it shipped on Monday, and it arrived today.

My Mainland Mahogany Tenor arrived today, and it's beautiful! The mahogany has a rich color which is enhanced by the gloss finish, and while the unbound body won't appeal to everyone, I like it.

I have the concert version, and I agree, these unusual Mainlands are really beautiful. For some reason it's hard to capture their simple beauty with a camera--I tried taking some pictures when mine arrived but I finally gave up! Enjoy your Mainland!

Congrats and best wishes with your new uke!

I have a Mainland red cedar tenor and it's awesome. I just pulled it out after playing my Fluke/Flea and I'd say the sound is just incredible in comparison, even though I really like my Fluke and Flea.

Honestly, got mine used, and while a lot of people seem to love the rope binding, I might have liked it better without. The gloss finish is beautiful, but perhaps more bling than I personally care for.

My Mainland is an awesome player, though. :) I'd give them a huge thumbs up if you want a decent playing uke.

Congrats! I purchased a Mainland Mahogany Honeybee Soprano last year while I was in their shop during the Ukulele World Congress in June. Mike and his wife are great people who stand behind what they sell. I was up in the air for awhile about the rope binding too, but it really does harken back to the great early ukes of the 1920's. It has really grown on me now, and I get alot of compliments about it.

Beautiful uke! Congrats! Oh, how I want one...
I really like the clean simple look of this one. No frills, slotted head and tons of gloss; brilliant!

I have the concert version, and I agree, these unusual Mainlands are really beautiful. For some reason it's hard to capture their simple beauty with a camera--I tried taking some pictures when mine arrived but I finally gave up! Enjoy your Mainland!

Initially, I tried to get a mahogany concert, but after a month could not wait anymore because we need a 2nd uke--1 for each of us. I tried for one like yours but that was also out of stock so I opted for a cutaway, which they had. I am thankful that I got a Mainland tenor and I'm really anxious for the pineapple to get here. Hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine.

Excellent news! And I just got my Mainland this week as well! Mine's a red cedar tenor with a MiSi and I'm loving it. Gorgeous tone, great playabilty and the thing just feels good in my hands. Can't wait for my mini Roland amp to get here so I can do even more messing around with it.

i have to agree with you itsme, i did the same last week, my mainland red cedar tenor blew my fluke into the weeds, but i love my fluke, its my everyday uke and its bulletproof

Lovely looking uke, Chris, congratulations!

I enjoy my mainland as well, but that unbound body is the bees knees!

I'm getting that same uke. I originally wanted the concert model but I'm going for the tenor now. Seeing those pics has lit a fire under my butt to get one! God, I hope they don't sell out.

Top Bottom