New Uke day (Custom Boat Paddle)

ukeeku

Reaction score
Sorry, but I finally got my new Uke last night. I usually never brag, but I have wanted this for a long time
Concert
5-string
PegHed Tuners
Stika Spruce top
Walnut Sides/Back/Neck
MP Inlays
Mi-Si Cutless Pickup (So cool, has a remote)

I will do a full review in the next few months (Gotta let her breathe)

I will have it in Milwaukee if you want to play it.szerlong_07.jpgszerlong_08.jpgszerlong_09.jpgszerlong_10.jpg

VERY COOL...CONGRATS!!! Are those friction or geared tuners?

Congrats, Ukeeku! Looking forward to the review!

Awesome! I just finalized my order with Jerry and I'm getting a 5 string Concert too. I'll be curious to hear how you like the sound of it.

The walnut back and sides are killer! Beautiful uke.

Snip... Are those friction or geared tuners?

Those are "planetary" geared tuners - brand name, Pegheds. Very sweet tuners - appearance of vintage wooden tuners w/4:1 geared ratio. Also very lightweight.

That is one beautiful instrument.
I'll be at the Milwaukee Uke Fest also, I hope to see & hear it.

That's the first one of those i've ever seen! Nice!! Bragging is what it's all about.

Awesome Tim, it's really beautiful. Congratulations. More ukes should be built from walnut I reckon...

It's a beauty, Tim! I LOVE the custom inlay on the back! It's subtle because of the placement, but yet so definitely 'you'. Brilliant! I hope it sounds as good as it looks (and I'm sure it will)....

Hard to tell from the photos....what's the exact nature of the 5 string set-up? Is the G string octaved for both high and low G?

Awesome Boat Paddle! Definitely brag worthy I must say. Peghead tuners are great, love 'em. Congratulations on the new addition!

That looks great Tim. Maybe I'll run into you at Milwaukee Uke Fest.
btw who's the maker?

Hi Tim - I was wondering how you decided on the 5-string paddle style instead of the M-style? I have an M-style I love and haven't heard/held one of the new paddle style models in person. After the review you did of that gorgeous M-style a couple months ago I was surprised to see you went with the paddle! What made you go for that? Thanks - Mary

Hi Tim - I was wondering how you decided on the 5-string paddle style instead of the M-style? I have an M-style I love and haven't heard/held one of the new paddle style models in person. After the review you did of that gorgeous M-style a couple months ago I was surprised to see you went with the paddle! What made you go for that? Thanks - Mary

I have played the prototypes the 12 fret, and was able to play a ton of his ukes in the past year. they all sound super awesome. I fell in love with David (Flea bitten dawgs) 5 string tenor and just had to have one. the bigger soundboard just gives me more of a booming sound over the sweeter sound of the M-style. One of the main things that made me get the new 12 fret style is the neck joint, or lack of. the sides are also the neck, so there is no defined joint and that makes it super strong and adds to the sound. the whole thing sings.

Top Bottom