Back Home Again - Thanks, everyone!

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi, All.

We're back in Upstate New York, most things with my late Father-in-law having been taken care of in California.

I'd like to thank Gillian and the San Jose Ukulele Club members for making me welcome, Jim D'Ville for the Play By Ear seminar he did at Music Village, Gary Yoshida for stopping by the SJUC meeting just to introduce himself and say hello, and everyone here for the support during this difficult time, and the great comments on the Memorial video I posted in the Video Links section.

Oh - and thanks to the moderators for not locking or deleting the 9/11 memorial post I did - I really did mean to make it a uke-centric posting!

Thanks to the fine people at Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz for the fine conversation, and letting me play all of the ukes you have (and the certified leprosy-free armadillo charango on the wall). the Rick Turner Compass Rose ukes were incredible (love that floating fretboard!), and having a chance to talk briefly with two of Rick's Luthiers was a treat.

Finally, thanks to Janet and Smiley at Ukulele Source for the opportunity to play all of the fine ukuleles, and for having that wonderful KoAloha Sceptre in stock.

We will now attempt to resume our regularly scheduled life, in progress. (Including the refrigerator that decided to die during this last trip out west...)

... -Kurt

Welcome home brudda..

Hi, Kurt,

Glad you are back home safely...

and a big thank you for adding so much to our SJUC meetings and letting me touch your Sceptre....:eek:

Gillian

Hey Kurt,

The pleasure was all mine. Glad you made it home safely and I'll practice up so we can jam on your next visit.

Take care,

-Gary

I know that the nature of your trip(s) to California was sad and unpleasant, but I'm glad tyou got to spend some time with the local ukulele community, and perhaps when you play that Sceptre you got from Smiley, you'll think fond thoughts about your father-in-law.

Top Bottom