String an 8 string like a 6...and loving it

rasputinsghost

Reaction score
Has really brought new life into my instrument. I used to have it GG CC EE AA and while it sounded good it was hard to fret and solo on. Now I have it as GG CC E A and it sounds great! It gives the high strings more space to 'breathe' so to speak. What unorthodox string combos do you guys use?

Has really brought new life into my instrument. I used to have it GG CC EE AA and while it sounded good it was hard to fret and solo on. Now I have it as GG CC E A and it sounds great! It gives the high strings more space to 'breathe' so to speak. What unorthodox string combos do you guys use?

So you left-off 2 strings?
My 6 String came: G cC E Aa and I really dig the sound.
If I had an 8 string, I'd be tempted to go Gg Cc EE Aa

the videos are not 100% clear but Taimane Gardner appears to be using 6 strings on her 8 string (lowers doubled) and Kimo Hussey has his custom baritone with doubled lowers.

So you left-off 2 strings?
My 6 String came: G cC E Aa and I really dig the sound.
If I had an 8 string, I'd be tempted to go Gg Cc EE Aa

I've been toying with this idea for awhile. It's time for a string change so I'm thinking I'll see what it sounds like.

Taimane just has a doubled C string.

I was just watching some videos and I noticed that too. Does she do this to space out the strings a little farther for her style of playing?

Top Bottom