uke new day: a Kamaka Pineapple myth (tomorrow)

fabioponta

Reaction score
New uke day: a Kamaka Pineapple myth (tomorrow)

Tomorrow I'll get one of the most waited ukes in all my life ukulele (almost 2 years): A mint condition Kamaka Pineapple HF-1 made in 2005 with Fremont blacklines strings High G and hard case!
This ukulele has a special story that makes it a myth.
1. I bought it from our dear UU member Roxhum.
2. I live in Brazil, so far...
3. The Pineapple was posted on August 23 via USPS Priority Mail International.
4. The USPS made ​​a unbelievable mistake and sent the Pineapple to Canada. It's stopped at the Customs for days...
5. The error was corrected by the claim with the help of Roxhum and the Pineapple came to Brazil on September 3.
6. The package was released by brazilian Customs on September 9 in Sao Paulo!
7. September 15, when the Pineapple was reaching in my town, the post office went on strike :(
8. Still on strike, I do not know how, Pineapple gave his last step and now is coming to my house tomorrow!

I'll post some photos when it arrives tomorrow!

Last edited:
Oh Dear! You will be on tenterhooks until you receive your new uke! It sounds like a beautie!! Well done!

I am awaiting my Kamaka from the US - supposedly shipped on Aug 25th, sat in Customs over there til Sept 15th!! So, sounds like it may be a common event!! :( Also sent USPS International!

Hope you get it soon!!!

Oh the poor Pineapple. I have been so worried about it. Let me know as soon as you get it, I know you will love it!

May it arrive safely and be all you had hoped it would be and more. :)

UPDATE!
I received my new Kamaka Pineapple today: perfect! I loved the sound and the finish. All mint condition in a great package!
Roxanne, thank you for all the help with the problems in the shipping. You are one of the great friends I have in UU.

Here are some photos:
(I will play at the University Music Festival in my city with my Pineapple tomorrow to 400 people!)
DSC06925.jpgDSC06926.jpgDSC06927.jpgDSC06928.jpgDSC06929.jpg

congrats and glad to see this baby arrived without any issue.
good luck to your show tomorrow!

It's beautiful! Glad to hear it arrived safe and sound. Good luck with the show!

I am so relieved it finally arrived and in good condition. Nice pics! Good luck with the show tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

Like the saying goes. Good things come to those who wait. Congrats fabioponta.

Congratulations, Fabio! The International Ukulele Underground strikes again! Best to You!

Top Bottom