New Ukulele

chrisj893

Reaction score
I've finally realized that i want a quality ukulele, i have a bushman, which is nice but it is no where near the quality of what i see around here. I want a quality handmade ukulele made out of choice woods, something that i can use and cherish for a long long time. My price range is 600 or less, i don't have alot of cash but i know you guys can help me out with some good Ukuleles.

Thanks, peace.

Chris

thats one deep sack.... *giggles to myself*

I don't get it...someone just recommend me a uke! :worship:

And Chris, you're about to fall in love! If he recommended what I think he did anyhow. :love:

Last edited:
Chris: check your PM's---> lookie at the top right of the screen where it says "your notifications" click on that then on Private messages....

Chris,

Not to talk you out of the better uke, but have you had the Bushman properly set up by a guitar repair guy or luthier? My local Uke group is fortunate to have Dave, the luterial force of Waverly Street Ukes in attendance. Sunday at our meet, he took a look at my Bushman Cedar Tone Tenor which was up to Bushman specs (since I was there when Bushman's luthier Mike measured the action) and Dave told me it was way high. With Dave's guidance I sanded the bottom of the bridge and filed the nut slots. The action feels a lot more like an expensive uke now. And the sound of a Bushman is way above it's pricetag so I am very happy.

That being said...I'm investigating a more expensive uke as well. Just thought it might make you very happy with two ukes instead of just one.

Kevin

Chris, I think you may have been deached . . . of course we won't know until you let the rabbit out of the bag. Trust me. it's a good thing.

Last edited:
Chris, I think you may have been deached . . . of course we won't know until you let the rabbit out of the bag. Trust me. it's a good thing.

Nope, just giving him a heads up on a builder in his price range.

Alright, alright checked my PM's and took care of that. Looks like i might be in line for a nice uke! Thanks Guys. Any other suggestions for some non-custom nice ukuleles for under 600. How much do used Kamakas go for. By the way, im in search for a concert uke, not a soprano.

Nope, just giving him a heads up on a builder in his price range.

why PM that info? If you post it in this thread, others who might be intrested could use that info as well....

why PM that info? If you post it in this thread, others who might be intrested could use that info as well....

She is a small builder and I didn't know if she wanted more exposure yet.

We just finished talking 10 minutes ago and she's ok with it.

Her name is Lori Espanol. She built my latest that can be heard on my Rough boy vid.

Email Lori at

obmissy@gmail.com

here are some examples

picasaweb.google.com/obmissy

Alright, alright checked my PM's and took care of that. Looks like i might be in line for a nice uke! Thanks Guys. Any other suggestions for some non-custom nice ukuleles for under 600. How much do used Kamakas go for. By the way, im in search for a concert uke, not a soprano.

Hey Chris, I think I've decided I want a Kamaka and am currently saving up for a tenor. I've been on the lookout for a second hand one and they seem to be very difficult to get a hold of, probably because they are so good! If they do go on sale I imagine they get snapped up pretty quickly.

She is a small builder and I didn't know if she wanted more exposure yet.

We just finished talking 10 minutes ago and she's ok with it.

Her name is Lori Espanol. She built my latest that can be heard on my Rough boy vid.

Email Lori at

obmissy@gmail.com

here are some examples

picasaweb.google.com/obmissy

Hey cool! She made a uke for Ginny! She came out to our San Diego workshops.

Top Bottom