TC Flashback

lambchop

Reaction score
Had the opportunity to experiment with the TC Flashback Delay/Looper. I need a looper for live shows (well, I want one, anyway) and heard about this one. It's more known for its delays, which are great, but I love this looper. Limited to 40 seconds, so it's not going to outdo the Jam-man solo or the venerable RC-3 / RC-30, but it is simple and gets the job done and sounds so clean. How clean? Yesterday I was playing it in Guitar Center through a Fishman Loudbox Mini and somebody thought the loop and the music I was playing over it was me playing two parts. Pretty cool.

TCE's new toneprint line is pretty awesome. I looked really hard at the Flashback when I was shopping for a delay pedal, but since I already have the Boss RC-20XL, I got the MXR Carbon Copy instead. But I recently got the TCE Hall of Fame reverb and it's killer. It blows all the other reverbs I've heard out of the water. I've got the Vortex flanger too, but it's not on my main 'ukulele board at the moment (for several reasons:)).

TCE's new toneprint line is pretty awesome. I looked really hard at the Flashback when I was shopping for a delay pedal, but since I already have the Boss RC-20XL, I got the MXR Carbon Copy instead. But I recently got the TCE Hall of Fame reverb and it's killer. It blows all the other reverbs I've heard out of the water. I've got the Vortex flanger too, but it's not on my main 'ukulele board at the moment (for several reasons:)).

The toneprint concept itself is pretty cool, although I have no experience with it. All-in-all it just seems like a really powerful pedal and when I am not looping, which will be most of the time, I am pretty sure I will find use for the delays itself. With a street price as low as $155, it has a lot going for it, and, like I said, I just find the Boss RC's to have great features and lots of time, but more than what I need for a live looper.

Top Bottom