G STRING Semi-Custom Hawaiian Koa Soprano

dananda

Reaction score
G STRING Semi-Custom Soprano Ukulele with beautifully-patterned, all-Hawaiian koa front, back, and sides. Mahogany neck. Rosewood fretboard and bridge. Maple rosette with black/white/black accent borders. Fancy wood-inlay on bridge. Mother-of-Pearl position markers and the G String classic Hawaiian fishhook logo.

Overall length of 21 inches. 13 inch scale. 17 fret fretboard and neck joined to the body at the 12th. Friction tuners. Newly-strung with Worth clears. Comes with a new Ohana "Surfboard Design" gig bag.

The serial number is WA05873, and according to Derek Shimizu of G-String, the ukulele is a semi-custom built around 2003. Derek also said the maple rosette and MOP logo combination is rare. By the way, Derek established the G String Ukulele Company in 1993 in Halawa Valley, Oahu, Hawaii.

Structurally, the ukulele is in excellent condition; cosmetically, it shows some usage. There are some small scratches and nicks here and there on the body, and some belt-buckle rash on the back. But the marks are all superficial and do not at all affect the integrity of the ukulele. There are no cracks, splits, warping, or repairs. The ukulele is solid and sweet.

I am selling this beauty because it does not get played, and it deserves to.

Sold on eBay. Mahalo!

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Uke front (2).jpg
    Uke front (2).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
that's a great price for a g string. hope it goes fast.

Thanks, rasputinsghost. Appreciate your feedback. Aloha.

Any interest? If so, please buy it now. If not, it will go to eBay. Aloha.

Hey, Coconut Willie! Sorry, don't know how to make a sound clip. I would describe the sound as sweet and woody. Thanks for your interest. Aloha.

Overall length of 21 inches. 13 inch scale. 17 fret fretboard and neck joined to the body at the 12th. Friction tuners. Newly-strung with Worth clears. Comes with a new Ohana "Surfboard Design" gig bag. Frankly speaking I also love to surfboard design guitar.

surf board rental

Last edited:
Top Bottom