UU..Think bigger, start wordwide Uke Hour!

E-Lo Roberts

Reaction score
Rayan and Aldrine,

I live in lexington, KY home of Woodsongs Old-Time Radio Hour. www.woodsongs.com . I was here from it's conception, and believe me, it just start with an great idea, one passionate musician, and a wonderful local venue (The KY Theater) to host the hour long show. Starting locally, it has grown and syndicated into a 400 + wordwide radio/TV show that features great acoustic-based talent for all over the globe. It is an all volunteer work force (except for it's creator Michael Johnathan of course). Everyone else that works there does so simply for the love of the music, and it all works beautifully. Woodsongs is held each Monday night from 7 till 8 PM.

I suggest we can do the same. Let's think big! UU can represent this new creative wave of Uke players and base the show locally out of Hawaii. It's the ideal location for such a venue that absolutely no other place (or competition) can geographically touch. Bring in only great Uke music and players. Invite artists such as Jake and James Hill, but don't limit yourself to just known artists... The idea is "you don't have to be famous, you just have to be good". Also, You have an awesome spokeman already! Aldrine would be the perfect host for this concept radio/TV show. He's very likable and carries a passion for the uke that transfers to his audience.

UU can take the Woodsongs concept and re-shape it into it's own first class uke hour for all the world to enjoy. Bottomline is, you guys are on to something here at UU that is dying to breakout and expand into other avenues.

The island, the uke, the cool vibe, Aldrine, UU, the resurgence of the Uke itself. Come on guys, let's do it!...

Who's with me!! thanks, e-lo....

wow that IS a big idea! if i remember correctly, ryan said that jake isn't even able to appear on the site because of his contract with his manager so getting signed artists might be difficult. but like you said, you don't have to be famous, you just have to be good. i really like the idea. maybe not now though (as i'm assuming there's still a lot of stuff planned for UU), but hopefully in the future.

wow that IS a big idea! if i remember correctly, ryan said that jake isn't even able to appear on the site because of his contract with his manager so getting signed artists might be difficult. but like you said, you don't have to be famous, you just have to be good. i really like the idea. maybe not now though (as i'm assuming there's still a lot of stuff planned for UU), but hopefully in the future.
Right, there is a lot on the plate right now for UU, however, the uke resurgence is like the wild, wild west of music right now and is open for all takers. Can't ya feel it? Ryan and Aldrine are both in the perfect position to capture this concept. A second thought is, if it's too big to grab, perhaps I could be an liason rep for UU and possibly interest Michael Johnathon to sister company this concept under his corporate unbrella. Michael is a very smart businessman and if we cut him a piece of the radio/TV profits, we could possibly get him on board. Something to consider anyways...e-lo...

Hey Hey Hey. I didn't say anyone specific...:p

Wow that would be a huge undertaking.. I'm sure UU could do it though with the help of all the friends they've already made so far all over the world.
davo, Yes, UU is a great site and Rayan and Aldrine could certainly pull this off. I would love to see UU grow accordingly, and therefore, reward itself appropriately ($$) for sharing their knowledge and passion of Ukulele with it's members worldwide. I agree, they would probably need our input and support. I'll do what I can from my end. Additional, members could volunteer their personal skills in whatever area need be to help jump start the project. Come on guys, let's start stringin' this uke!...e-lo....

Top Bottom