Pineapple Concert?

dredey

Reaction score
Any recomendations? I would like to get my wife her first uke as a gift. Nothing too crazy since she may or may not stick with it. But decent enough to where I can mess around with it too. And I would like it to look pretty. :)Looking to spend anywhere's between $200-$300. Thanks for the advise.

Andre'

A concert Pineapple......Mele Ukulele in Maui Hawaii has one in mahogany for $350. Pono makes (or made) a concert Pineapple but they are priced around $650.

Last edited:
mainland makes a long neck COncert (so tenor neck). Uke Republic may still have some at under $200

Yes I would need one that I can get in stock. I checked Uke Republic and they are allaout of the concert Mainland Pineapple. I like that one. Don't know anything about the Mele.

Last edited:
Yes I would need one that I can get in stock. I checked Uke Republic and they are allaout of the concert Mainland Pineapple. I like that one. Don't know anything about the Mele.

I owned BOTH the Mele and the Mainland longneck pineapple. I sold the Mele to fund another uke (actually sold two to trade up) & sold the Mainland because at the time, I really didn't much care for the tenor scale neck.

BOTH are great ukes! The Mele plays like a dream, is the right size (and scale) for my preference & I will likely own one again, by choice. The Mainland was very much like my two previous tenor Mainlands - just overall great ukes, all of them. So, its probably more about scale length in my opinion. I now have a couple of other Pineapple's & have a Mya-Moe concert Pineapple on order, so I'm quickly becoming a bit of a Pineapple-preferred kind of guy. Is sold both of those ukes here on UU, so the current owners can likely chime in w/their thoughts as well.

There the "K" brands & there are the "M" brands - Mele & Mainland have pretty much staked out the "best bang for your buck" category.

You could get a concert neck Flea or Fluke. They have lots of colors, and some nice novelty designs, and if she doesn't stick with it, it makes a good sturdy camping/ picnicking, travel uke for you.

–Lori

David Gill makes absolutely wonderful concert pineapples for ~$350

David Gill makes absolutely wonderful concert pineapples for ~$350

I like what I saw from research on Davis Gill but where do I see or purchase from online?

You could get a concert neck Flea or Fluke. They have lots of colors, and some nice novelty designs, and if she doesn't stick with it, it makes a good sturdy camping/ picnicking, travel uke for you.

–Lori

Definately an option.:)

Top Bottom