Bay Area: 1st Annual Ukulele Festival Oct. 8, 2011 featuring Roy Sakuma

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here's a link to the info, Rodney is also looking for more performers. The information is on the website.

I really hope this festival succeeds, and I imagine that scheduling a festival is a complicated task influenced by many factors, but it may not have been the best idea to schedule the inaugural event on Yom Kippur. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year's festival.

I really hope this festival succeeds, and I imagine that scheduling a festival is a complicated task influenced by many factors, but it may not have been the best idea to schedule the inaugural event on Yom Kippur. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year's festival.

Sorry about that. I'm just the person who posted it for him.

Sorry about that. I'm just the person who posted it for him.

I know that. I wasn't blaming you, or anyone, for the scheduling, and I'm certainly not offended or anything when something is scheduled for the day on which a Jewish holiday happens to fall. In any vibrant metropolitan area, there are always going to be multiple demands on one's time in a given day, and people are always going to have to chose among them. In addition, it's hard to plan around Jewish holidays, which move around on the western calendar from year to year. I'm just hoping that the fact that Yom Kippur is on October 8 this year gets back to the UJ Festival's organizers, in case it's something they didn't take into consideration this year. These are the sorts of things that might draw potential participants away (like the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in SF on Sept. 30 - Oct. 2) from one's own event. To maximize an event's success, especially when the event is just getting of the ground, the organizers should be looking for as few other events (especially something the Jewish calender's most important holiday, which many Jews observe no matter what else they might rather be doing) that preclude people from attending.

Top Bottom