UFC 135: Jones vs Rampage

KimosTherapy

Reaction score

Can't wait for UFC 135! For all you MMA enthusiasts out there, it would be interesting to know your picks.

My picks:

-Jon "Bones" Jones over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

-Josh Koscheck over Matt Hughes

-My homeboy Travis Browne over Rob Broughton

-Nate Diaz over Takanori Gomi

-Mark Hunt over Ben Rothwell

Last edited:
I agree with your picks. The Jones fight should be good, but I don't think any one can take him now. He just has so many weapons.

I agree with your picks. The Jones fight should be good, but I don't think any one can take him now. He just has so many weapons.

Exactly! He does some crazy things in there that is just too hard to defend. *One thing for sure though ... in MMA, anything can happen!* That's what's so exciting about MMA!

UFC rarely disappoints, unlike boxing. That last big fight was ridiculous. I'll try and catch this one

I agree with the picks...I'm hoping for Hughes doesn't get embarassed by Kos...But I really want Hughes to beat that arrogant a$$ though...LOL

I agree with your picks also. As much as I like rampage, I think jones is going to give him an aweful whoopin. I would love to see hughs beat koscheck but I doubt its going to happen. This is quite possibly hugh's last fight since its his last of his contract with UFC and he's talking retirement.

I'm with you ... I would like to see the Hall of Fame MMA fighters like Hughes win, however, they are way past their prime and the hungry young fighters are coming up wanting to make a name for themselves. Just like boxers, MMA fighters continue to fight well beyond their best years and end up taking losses that wouldn't have happened when in their prime. I hate to see them get knocked out cold or take savage beatings because they're slower, not quite as fit, and have endured too much accumulated punishment over their careers. I don't like Koscheck, but just being real and having knowledge about the sport, the odds are in his favor. But for sure, with MMA, anything can happen!

Damn!!! There were some great fights last night! Jon "Bones" Jones schooled Rampage and made him tap out. Hughes' standup looked pretty darn good ... but he got caught and ... lights out! One thing for sure ... when MMA fighters suffer being knocked out cold, it happens to them quite often in their subsequent fights. Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, Vanderlei Silva, Keith Jardine, etc. It seems like once they've gotten knocked out cold, that it happens again more times than not thereafter. Nate Diaz was teeing off on Gomi at will! I remember when Gomi ruled his weight class in Pride, but again, he's way past his prime. For those of you that don't buy the Pay Per View show, mmatko.com shows the fights shortly after they are over on their website - FREE!!! Check out the fights!

Awesome thanks! I just watched a couple of the fights. At least Hughes actually hit Koscheck. I'm not sure ramapage did anything other than take a beating from Jones.

No problem Brah! mmatko.com posts fight videos shortly after the fights are over. You can go back to older posts to find fights from previous fight cards from just about every MMA organization out there. Yeah ... Hughes' stand up looked pretty solid for the first half of the fight. It's too bad Koscheck knocked him out cold! These big name fighters that I mentioned earlier, it seems like once they've been knocked out cold the first time, it keeps happening to them - kinda like a pin ball machine that "TILTS" ... they could take a solid strike and shake it off in their prime ... but after that first time of getting knocked out cold, it seems like once they get clocked by a solid strike - they get knocked out cold again and again and again. They should hang up the gloves and retire instead of hanging around continuing to fight and getting knocked out time and again. Did you watch Nate Diaz make Takanori Gomi look like an amateur? Damn! His striking looked awesome!

Yes Diaz schooled Gomi bigtime.
Yeah I agree that everytime you get KO'd, there seems to be a little bit of damage that lingers. Another guy that comes to mind is Vanderlei Silva....man that guy has taken some serious thumps to the head over his career.

Last edited:
Yeah ... Vanderlei Silva was a beast in Pride Fighting in his prime. My earlier post #14 has a few fighters listed who have been getting knocked out cold - unconscious - in their last several fights ... I included Vanderlei Silva as one of these fighters that it's happened to a lot lately.

Top Bottom