Yuki no hana (ukulele cover)

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
This was filmed by Kateri during a charity performance. There were a lot of people/students from Japan and I thought this song would be appropriate. There were over 400 people there and it was nerve racking that when I started that first melody line, you could hear a pin drop in the room. Still, I have never played this song any better than this night.

Yuki no hana is a Nakashima Mika song that I really loved from back in the day. Jake showed this arrangement to me when he was fixing up Mika. So props to him for showing it to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3zsrhbaJhc

Comment, rate, and also subscribe to Kateri's channel folks! :D

ihartaldrine for this. this song is just so beautiful and this arrangement is so pleasing to my earholes. haha but no really awesome job. This needs to be a uke lesson so then I wouldn't have to learn any other songs. haha Only knowing this one would be ok with me and then I can die happy. xP

ihartaldrine for this. this song is just so beautiful and this arrangement is so pleasing to my earholes. haha but no really awesome job. This needs to be a uke lesson so then I wouldn't have to learn any other songs. haha Only knowing this one would be ok with me and then I can die happy. xP

You know that if I DID do a lesson... it would take over an hour to teach this hahaha. I'm waaaay too ADD for that LOL

WOW! That was incredibly beautiful Aldrine! I think I got teary-eyed listening to it (okay I am a sap, I admit it), but that was so wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing, it gives a newbie like me something to aspire to. :p

Nice live performance. Instrumentals are definitely one of your big "selling" points, great work! So did you get swamped with cute little hopping Japanese girls screaming "sugooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooi!!!" afterwards? Hm?

Nice live performance. Instrumentals are definitely one of your big "selling" points, great work! So did you get swamped with cute little hopping Japanese girls screaming "sugooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooi!!!" afterwards? Hm?

Thanks dude! :D

It's true that I'm more of an ukulele instrumentalist than I am a singer. I just sing to add a little bit of variety to our performing pallete. But I've received a whole lot of different reviews about the "selling point"

I've learned the most about this while touring. Sure the instrumentals were great to play and woo audiences, but a lot of people enjoy the vocal tracks too. The responses that I hear when talking amongst the people who attended seemed to enjoy the fact that we (Ryan and I) can bring both. On numerous occasions during the tour I've heard the comment "It's great that you guys don't just do instrumentals and you mix it up" We wouldn't reach the audience that we do now if it weren't for doing both.

I was talking to someone about this and they shed some light on the situation for me. She said that "A lot more people can go home and put together the 4 chords and lyrics that you sang; rather than taking the months to learn a hard instrumental piece that they probably wont even remember by the time they reach home until they turn on YouTube"

So I think our "selling point" is both instrumentals and the songs. I believe that it was because we did both, is the reason that we did half as good as we did. I appreciate everyone who supports us whichever one is their preference. As for me, Imma continue to deliver both to try and reach as much people as possible.

.... Sure the instrumentals were great to play and woo audiences, but a lot of people enjoy the vocal tracks too. The responses that I hear when talking amongst the people who attended seemed to enjoy the fact that we (Ryan and I) can bring both. On numerous occasions during the tour I've heard the comment "It's great that you guys don't just do instrumentals and you mix it up" We wouldn't reach the audience that we do now if it weren't for doing both.

I agree. I was talking to another UU'er about this exact thing just the other day!

I've received a whole lot of different reviews about the "selling point"....the people who attended seemed to enjoy the fact that we (Ryan and I) can bring both....A lot more people can go home and put together the 4 chords and lyrics that you sang...
Good point, and what I wrote is only an opinion. For live performances, some variation is certainly welcome, and I don't intend to criticize what you guys are achieving. Hell, if that ocean wasn't so darn deep, I'd come and swim over to enjoy. edited in: What I meant to say is, that your first and foremost distinguishing quality as I see it is your playing. Creative, amazing, and what have you not. Just to be complete.
It may also be that I am not very well versed in the joys of modern R&B smoothness, so that's fine. I hope you guys will follow up on the first tour and continue to create this family-like atmosphere that's going on. How about Ukulele Underground Sushi Tour 2009?

Thanks for the reply btw. That was very nice to read.

Last edited:
didnt you play this for ako @ aloha tower?

someone please tab this. It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Seriously! It would be a dream come true for me if I could learn this song =]

Hey Aaron, if you do a close up tutorial on your channel I'll send you seniorita bread until your heart's content!

Pretty please?

ill post a vid up soon
once i practise the song a little more =]

btw Ame.. im a fan of that group. hope you win it!
i cant add you on fb for somereason

Top Bottom