Rebuilding a Fluke - Resurrecting the dead.

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
I have a Fluke which I grinded into the ground. literally. My wound strings grinded away at alot of top plastic frets until I finally got buzzing.

I think seasalt moisture invaded the soundboard. No problem I had bought 5 soundboards to paint and I have one ready to send back.

I left my limping Fluke in a locked car in the desert heat for 4 days (wild temperature fluctuations) and my strings/tuners were like a 5 year old had spent a week with my Fluke.

Is it possible and worthwhile to send her back to Fluke for an overhaul?

I don't see any warpage on the neck or plastic body. I am not sure if the tuner holes were damaged from the tuners getting loose.

1) plastic to rosewood fretboard
2) tuner to pegheads
3) custom personally painted soundboard
4) new strings (Maybe I should send back what I want on her)

I tried to send Fluke an email but it did not go through. Does anybody have the current email address for the great people at Fluke?

Last edited:
Dale and Phyllis and the rest of the crew are really terrific people! If the email doesn't work, just call - phone number on the web site is a good one - and they will work with you.

They're down in Sheffield, MA, about 60 miles from Albany NY. I have to go back, now that they've finished the showroom.

-Kurt

Top Bottom