Best Wife Ever!!!!

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Had to brag! My wonderful (and quite attractive) wife just told me that she booked our vacation around the 42nd Annual Ukulele Festival on Oahu and sent me last year's schedule of lessons in case I wanted to be a part of the festival and play in the "orchestra." She also sent me links to the "K-Brand" factory tours. . . and told me to save up so I could buy a new uke there (she doesn't know they don't sell at the factories). She's an enabler of the best kind!!

I think I mentioned this in a previous post - she's also the one who could tell I really wanted my Kamaka on our last vacation but I wouldn't pull the trigger on it. She went back to Larry's Music and it was waiting for me in our room when I got back from the beach with our son.

Does she have a sister who's single? .....she's a keeper for sure.

.....just a bit disappointed you didn't post a pic of this rare bird. :)

That's great, Gary.

Like my wife and mother-in-law getting together so I could buy the Sceptre.

We have wonderful families, don't we?

BTW, have a great time at the Ukulele Jams Festival in October - sorry that I won't be able to make it.

-Kurt

Man you are so lucky. You must of kissed the blimey stone last month. But really what a lovely family.

That's great have a good time, so while you are there, where did she book her vacation??? Just kidding!!

Sounds like a great wife! Have a great time in Hawaii! I shall settle for watching the live stream!

That sounds wonderful. The difference between being an enabler and being supportive is whether the habit in question is good for you, so I'd say your wife is a strong supporter. Either way, she sounds like a real sweetheart. I'm hoping to attend the Ukulele Festival on O'ahu next July, so maybe I'll see you there.

By the way, the KoAloha factory has "seconds" -- perfectly fine ukuleles with barely noticable cosmetic issues -- availabe for sale, although the selection is hit-or-miss. And you can order an ukulele at the Kamaka and Kanile'a factories, although you won't get the instant gratification of taking your new ukulele home with you. If you're only planning to be on O'ahu, Dan's Guitars in Honolulu and Ukulele Pua Pua in Waikiki usually have Kamakas, KoAlohas and Kanile'as.

That sounds wonderful. The difference between being an enabler and being supportive is whether the habit in question is good for you, so I'd say your wife is a strong supporter. Either way, she sounds like a real sweetheart. I'm hoping to attend the Ukulele Festival on O'ahu next July, so maybe I'll see you there.

By the way, the KoAloha factory has "seconds" -- perfectly fine ukuleles with barely noticable cosmetic issues -- availabe for sale, although the selection is hit-or-miss. And you can order an ukulele at the Kamaka and Kanile'a factories, although you won't get the instant gratification of taking your new ukulele home with you. If you're only planning to be on O'ahu, Dan's Guitars in Honolulu and Ukulele Pua Pua in Waikiki usually have Kamakas, KoAlohas and Kanile'as.
I actually have my eye on a quilted maple Kamoa super concert from Larry's Music . . . we're going back to Kauai too :)

Wow.....could she use an extra husband???????

That is awesome...you have a true gem!!!

Congrats!

Please also plan on joining the FREE ukulele classes in the Food Court of the Royal Hawaiian Center on Tues thru Fri, 10-11am.

Also, about that time the Langley Ukulele Ensemble is at the Sheraton Waikiki giving free lessons in the late morning and doing
free concerts in the evening!

Keep uke'in',

Congrats!

Please also plan on joining the FREE ukulele classes in the Food Court of the Royal Hawaiian Center on Tues thru Fri, 10-11am.

Also, about that time the Langley Ukulele Ensemble is at the Sheraton Waikiki giving free lessons in the late morning and doing
free concerts in the evening!

Keep uke'in',

Great info, Uncle Rod! Thanks!

Please have her send a letter to my wife! That is wonderful. Good for her (and you)!!!!

Top Bottom