PDA

View Full Version : KoAloha Addicted! pineapple or long-neck?

iDavid
09-23-2011, 01:35 PM
I find that I am playing my KoAloha Concert and Soprano constantly.I am would like to expand the herd. I have two daughters that play also, so I am ponding which would be the next.

Do they have a long-neck pineapple?

haole
09-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes! http://ukulele.pua2.com/details/ksm03.html

iDavid
09-23-2011, 01:57 PM
OK... so,
1. Long-neck concert
2. Long-neck pineapple
3. standard pineapple

which one, which one, which one...

or Kamaka

didgeridoo2
09-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Try Mya Moe...If you can handle the wait time. Which isn't that long compared with some custom builds.

Other wise go with the long neck pineapple by KoAloha.

Gmoney
09-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Try Mya Moe...If you can handle the wait time. Which isn't that long compared with some custom builds.

Other wise go with the long neck pineapple by KoAloha.

I LOVE my longneck Pineapple!!! And, my Pineapple Sunday (& I also have a concert Pineapple in the queue w/Mya-Moe)

Ronnie Aloha
09-23-2011, 05:15 PM
I LOVE my longneck Pineapple!!! And, my Pineapple Sunday (& I also have a concert Pineapple in the queue w/Mya-Moe)

I agree. LN Pineapple rocks! If you want a hardcase for it try the Fremont soprano case. Its rectangular and holds the LN well.

janeray1940
09-23-2011, 06:23 PM
The Koaloha longneck pineapple is IMO their best uke. You can't go wrong with that one.

Me, I'd choose the Kamaka pineapple though :) It's not a longneck but it does have 16 frets, and I find them all playable.

iDavid
09-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Why do prefer the Kamaka?

janeray1940
09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Why do prefer the Kamaka?

Mainly aesthetics. Both ukes sound amazing and are well-crafted, so really the choice between Kamakas and Koalohas for me comes down to the fact that I prefer the traditional appearance of the Kamaka.

Derg
09-24-2011, 08:21 AM
My LN pineapple still blows me away everyday. I enjoy playing the concert scale, but love the sound of sopranos. For me this is my perfect ukulele.

Gmoney
09-24-2011, 08:36 AM
My LN pineapple still blows me away everyday. I enjoy playing the concert scale, but love the sound of sopranos. For me this is my perfect ukulele.

Agreed! Love this uke!

haolejohn
09-24-2011, 04:14 PM
I find that I am playing my KoAloha Concert and Soprano constantly.I am would like to expand the herd. I have two daughters that play also, so I am ponding which would be the next.

Do they have a long-neck pineapple?

Yep. Gmoney has one I believe. I have a long neck soprano (well the wife does but she never plays it). Great ukuleles.

dsummers
09-25-2011, 03:29 AM
I have a semi custom Kamaka concert neck pineapple with ebony fretboard/bridge/spruce top and it one of my
Favorites- and I plan on getting a longneck Koaloha pineapple!

iDavid
09-25-2011, 04:05 AM
I thing the Long-neck pineapples are a special order, not sure. I've been playing KoAloha's all weekend and now I think I am looking for something a bit different.

I just decided to play a couple of my ukes back to back and see what it is about KoAloha that grabs me. The sound is great but the others sound great also.

It is the feel of the KoAloha, maybe the vibe. Whatever it is, it makes me want to play, play, play, some more.