Aquila strings need quick easy answer

Markr1

Reaction score
Aquila tenor strings 1st red would be the g string I'm guessing with the 4th white being the aa string but I think I'm backward and the red should be the a and the white should be g. I just noticed after I put on what I thought was the 2nd blue for the c and I noticed the 3rd green string was bigger the the c string. Am I doing it backward? Thanks for a quick answer I'm right in the middle of restringing my Collings. Sorry if this is a stupid question that I should know the answer. Mark

Not a stupid question:

1st string: A
2nd string: E
3rd string: C
4th string: G

Hope that helps!

An easier way to ask would have been with aquila strings are the strings 1234 GCEA or AECG?

You're welcome. Remember to retune often for the next week or two, and have fun!
Thanks. I'm wondering how they will sound on the collings vs worths which I have both but thought I would try the Aquilas first and see how they sound and next time will try the worths I have clear and brown. It has diadarios on it now and I don't like them.

Thanks. I'm wondering how they will sound on the collings vs worths which I have both but thought I would try the Aquilas first and see how they sound and next time will try the worths I have clear and brown. It has diadarios on it now and I don't like them.
If you didn't go for the D'Addarios, you'll likely prefer both Aquila and Worth. Be sure to get your money's worth out of those Aquilas---they should sound better and better for the first couple months---before trying the Worths.

Of course, I'm sure the Collings will reveal more than a few beautiful voices to you as the months and years pass. Great uke!

If you didn't go for the D'Addarios, you'll likely prefer both Aquila and Worth. Be sure to get your money's worth out of those Aquilas---they should sound better and better for the first couple months---before trying the Worths.

Of course, I'm sure the Collings will reveal more than a few beautiful voices to you as the months and years pass. Great uke!
I finally got them to stay in tune enough to play a little and a big difference already brighter and louder . The ones on it sounded not as bright and kind of dull and I think they were put on not to long ago. I think I like the collings a lot better now and thanks for all the info.

If I remember Aquila's colour coding correctly, white is the A (thinnest) string, blue is the E, green is the C (fattest) and red is the high G. The A and C string are visually easy to identify. The E and high G are harder to discern, but not impossible.

You're welcome. Remember to retune often for the next week or two, and have fun!
Also stretch the strings out a bit right after you put them on to take up a bit of the slack. The way I do it is by pushing down on the string with my thumb while gently pulling up with the other four fingers up and down each string. That will keep them from going out of tune quite so fast.

Top Bottom