EleUke Peanut action height and un-even amplified sound output issue

PhilipKwak

Reaction score
Thanks for choosing EleUke peanut.
Recently we are receiving few report issues from customers regarding
action height and un-even amplified sound output by each strings.
To help everyone's understanding, we would like to give some comment on our Peanut as below.

1. Specification
Body : Mahogany solid
Overal Body Length : 51Cm(20 Inch)
Scale : 346mm Soprano
Fret : 13 Fret
Action height at 12th fret: Between 2.7mm - 3mm But, Mostly 2.7mm
Nut width : 34mm
Control : Volume & Tone
Output : 1/4" Phone Jack and H/P output
Power : 9V battery
Input : MP3
String : Made in China
Head machine : Chrome geared dicasting
Soft bag : Included with stereo cable

2. String Tuning : A,E,C,G(From first string)
3. Battery running
Normally 9V battery will last 6month if you just put in the bag and
not in use considering self running out.
If you just play peanut EleUke with 1/4" output through amplifier, it
can last several month But, if you plug in your headphone or earbud, battery will drain faster.

4. Action Height issue
EleUke peanut's action height at 12th fret is always set 2.7mm(0.11 Inch Maximum 3mm)
You are kindly requested not to lower action by sanding saddle because it's action height is low enough.
At the same time, this action height is very seriously related with eachstring's even sound output.
Sometimes, people sanding saddle to make action lower but, this will result reduce string tension and contact pressure between saddle bottom and pickup which will bring uneven amplified sound output by each strings.
See below picture of action height in mm and inch
Action_in_mm.JPGAction_Inch.JPG

5.Un-even amplified sound output
We receive few reports from customers there's slight sound un-equal by each strings after changing strings or loose string's tension with some reason.
In this case, we recommand try to turn "Tone" knob clock wise or Anti-Clock wise because this tone control can boost or reduce each string's sound output.
Tone.JPG
Very few case like pickup surface is not flat or not perfect contact between saddle's bottom and piezo pickup may cause un-even sound output.
In this case, please slightly move saddle and adjust position again or try to put a thin film between saddle's bottom and pickup then, it will clear contact problem between saddle and pickup.
Film.JPG
Please report if you can't solve this kind of problem even though you
did all try, please let me know as we are always ready to support you.

Thanks
Philip Kwak

I did notice a very slight decrease in volume of the first string on my baritone after changing strings. Thanks for this information. I'll try your suggestions.

With all due respect, Phillip, I have no interest in being responsible for fixing my own ukulele after I have paid my own money for it.

For the record, I own a Peanut which works PERFECTLY. You have a distributor (Eleuke USA) and seller (Mim's Ukes) in the United States who have bent over backwards to make their customers happy and fix problems that have been reported to them. I was contacted by Mim very shortly after the problems became apparent. She asked me about the ukulele, including questions designed to ferret out whether I was having issues with any of the problems reported to her. She and Eleuke USA were prepared to, at their expense, ship my ukulele to Eleuke so that it could be diagnosed and repaired. If I didn't choose that route, I was welcome to return the ukulele for a refund.

I have come to associate Eleuke with that kind of customer service. To have you suggesting a multi-step process that I should use to diagnose and repair my own ukulele is ridiculous and harmful to your own representatives. You are undermining the outstanding work they do to serve their customers.

I hope this is merely a misunderstanding. I love my little Peanut. It works perfectly for me. But even better than that was the amazing service I received from Mim's and Eleuke USA when there could have been the potential for problems. They left me with confidence in my choice of seller and brand. Your suggestions? They leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.

With all due respect, Phillip, I have no interest in being responsible for fixing my own ukulele after I have paid my own money for it.

For the record, I own a Peanut which works PERFECTLY. You have a distributor (Eleuke USA) and seller (Mim's Ukes) in the United States who have bent over backwards to make their customers happy and fix problems that have been reported to them. I was contacted by Mim very shortly after the problems became apparent. She asked me about the ukulele, including questions designed to ferret out whether I was having issues with any of the problems reported to her. She and Eleuke USA were prepared to, at their expense, ship my ukulele to Eleuke so that it could be diagnosed and repaired. If I didn't choose that route, I was welcome to return the ukulele for a refund.

I have come to associate Eleuke with that kind of customer service. To have you suggesting a multi-step process that I should use to diagnose and repair my own ukulele is ridiculous and harmful to your own representatives. You are undermining the outstanding work they do to serve their customers.

I hope this is merely a misunderstanding. I love my little Peanut. It works perfectly for me. But even better than that was the amazing service I received from Mim's and Eleuke USA when there could have been the potential for problems. They left me with confidence in my choice of seller and brand. Your suggestions? They leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for buying Peanut and your opinion.
I didn't mean that customer must repair instrument but, sometimes you may encounter some minor playability
issues like Nut slot is high which cause finger pain or string changes or action height adjusting.
As you know, most of fretted guitars and ukuleles nut slot height is high because mass production factory
couldn't adjust it in best condition.
So, there must be self maintenance required if you buy your own instrument because it's yours and
I am giving small tips before you return instrument if you have any problem.
If you can clear any issue with no sweat, it could save time and your effort.

Philip

i think that is fair enough. most ukes need fettling a little.

if it was a major issue then of course, it has to go back at their expense.

mine has issues, just got it yesterday. i'm glad i can fix it myself. then i'm not waiting weeks to receive another.

Hi, has anyone here successfully lowered their Eleuke Peanut action? If so, any advice on how to not mess up the pickup connection? I can see that it is advised against by the OP. My string height at 12th fret is 3mm and I'd like it a bit lower.

Top Bottom