StudioMini turns your iPhone into a 4-track recording studio for $5.99! (Orig. song)

ColinB

Reaction score
Found this great iPhone app – StudioMini – a 4-track audio recorder – for $5.99!

www.studiomini.me

I got this the same time I got my new Takamine EG363SC guitar, so I recorded a rough demo of a new original song with it, just using the guitar, vocal, and one of the app’s preset drum loops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbEneT8aTdY

Bear in mind, in the app there’s no effects (reverb, compression), no stereo panning, and you have to do each take as a complete pass – no punch-ins – but the resolution is pretty good, even using the iPhone’s own built-in mic.

You can create a mix on the iPhone and email it, wirelessly access it or download it via iTunes. You can also import the individual tracks into your computer’s audio software and edit/add effects to them there, as well as get adaptors to connect better mics, electric guitars/basses and audio interfaces to the iPhone.

For this demo, though, I decided to do it completely “naked” (if you know what I mean) – just using the iPhone’s mic, recording each track in one take and creating a mix on the iPhone – no post-production compression, reverb or auto-tune (gulp!) – so please excuse the roughness!

Top Bottom