OMG!!! I ordered a KAMAKA HF3 and got shipped a KALA KA-SMHT instead!!!

dredey

Reaction score
:mad:I have been waiting patiently for a week for my new Kamaka HF-3. Well a package arrived yesterday. I was so excited. Opened it up. Yikes!!! It was a Kala!!! The place i ordered from is not open yet but damn. I can't believe that they can screw something up that bad. i paid a lot of money for an HF-3. I/m so upset that when they open I may cancel my order all together. I can't believe this. Unbelievable!! :mad:

Oh man, opening that box would be a buzz kill. I'm sure it'll get straightend out. Mistakes happen.

Mistakes happen but, make sure the company will pay for the return shipping. If not, I would just cancel the order.

Aloha dredey,
Boy talking about bursting your bubble. I can only imagine the let down then anger. I'm sure they'll take care of the mishap......................BO......................

Hmmmm, I wonder if there's a guy out there that ordered a Kala and got a...........you guessed it. Interesting to see how all this turns out.

Wish I had orderred the KALA!!!
(just kidding......, well....., yep, just kidding)

Dredey, I can't even imagine the pain and agony you're going through right now. Take some deep breaths! It will turn-out okay!

(A pint of Scotch wouldn't hurt either!!!)

OH MY!! Let us know what happens....Hope they are gracious in dealing with the mistake...

I just briefly spoke with them and they said the same thing as me. OMG!!! Then they said it's not good for you and it's not good for us either because that means someone else got the Kamaka HF-3. Then he quickly said let me figure this out and I'll call you back. It was the only Kamaka HF-3 they had left in stock too!!! UGH...:eek:

The guy who opened the other is probably just as pissed :D What are the chances he reported the mistake.....?

Woah. That's gotta be the most unwelcome Kala to ever arrive at someone's doorstep. Hope the place manages this foul up in a timely anxiety-reducing way for you.

Spoke with the owner who is really sympathetic. They have no idea where the Kamaka HF3 was shipped. They are looking into to it as we speak.

Wow. That's a bummer.

I hope you, the dealer, and the hopefully-not-too-overly-satisfied person who's receiving a "Kala" (with what must be a slight misspelling on the headstock) get this worked out as quickly as possible. Good luck!

Doesn't know where the Kamaka shipped?? Look at the biggest box with likely the most weight.

I originally laughed at this post cause surely they can figure it out right away; but, them saying they don't know where it shipped means some lucky SOB is going to have a moral dilemma in the form of a nice sounding uke on their conscience.

Oh, the humanity!!!

I hope it all gets straightened out.

Spoke with the owner who is really sympathetic. They have no idea where the Kamaka HF3 was shipped. They are looking into to it as we speak.
Did someone else order that exact Kala model that got shipped in the same timeframe?

I would like to think ukers are maybe a cut above some others when it comes to honesty, but if you ordered a Kala and received a Kamaka and didn't know the difference in value, you might think they just substituted another "slightly better" uke if they were out of stock on the one you'd ordered?

On the other hand, and I have absolutely no reason to doubt you, has anyone ever tried to scam a dealer by claiming what they ordered wasn't what they received? Send back an exact same model Kala they bought at Guitar Center or wherever and get a refund on what they paid for a Kamaka?

Just musing here. Hopefully they make it right and soon. I would have been beyond disappointed to have that happen to me. After waiting for delivery, and then, blammo! I'm not knocking Kalas at all, but they're not Kamakas, and if you paid for the latter and got the former, you have every right to be upset.

Ok. The shop has been really great I must say. They are sending a new one out right away. And have issued a return label to send back the Kala. They knew exactly what Kala I had when I told them the model number. It seems they had a Kala that went missing and had to resend another Kala to the customer. They still have no tracking for the other Kamaka though. Although the Kala is nice I am happy with the outcome. The new order has been discounted for the mistake. And they threw in some extra misc stuff like strings etc...Now I have to wait another few days. Crossing my fingers.

Last edited:
Hope that the seller sorts your problem out really soon... and you can get your truely HF-3 back.

All's well that ends well, and mistakes happen. (Even though it's the pits when it happens to you!)

That would have been a huge shock to you!

So glad there was a happy ending to the story & that the store did the right thing by you! Maybe someone had put the Kala in a Kamaka box & Kamaka in a Kala box & they it WAS actually 'still in stock' somewhere. If it was indeed the ''only one in stock'' & they sent the replacement one out to you immediately, maybe they found it already!?

You will be on tenterhooks over the next couple of days tho until you receive it!

A good tale to tell your grandkids one day!

Cheers

Roberta

Top Bottom