Vintage "Rock On"

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I heard a song that really brought back some awesome memories for me. I used to play in a "Jazz Band" when I was a teen. I played my 1st love a 1972 Rickenbacker 4001 bass in the day. Our band actually had two basses in them. Myself and a great friend (RIP) also played a Fender bass. The contrast between the tones of the Ric and the Fender were just cool as heck in the band. Anyway. Here is a song we used to have a BLAST playing (my bass partner and I). We used to really play off each other, passing notes back and forth between my Ric and his Fender. It was amazing sounding, and everyone loved it when we played this. People seemed to go crazy over it. Good times.. Anywho.. This song is a hoot to play on the bass, especially if you have tandem basses. I would love to find some inovative way to come up with a Uke version of this. Granted, this tune doesn't have allot of "Medolic" value, but does have a fun bass line.

Just simply brought back some cool memories, and I haven't heard this song in 30+ years until the other day.

you ought to have this moved to song help. Might get more of a response that way.

Theese type of songs - and there are many - tell me I need to buy a bass uke. And I need to learn bass. I already bought Bass For Dummies a couple of years ag o in anticipation of this.

Top Bottom