PROBLEM TUNING MY UKULELE kc02 tuner

mollski

Reaction score
HI to all i bought a ukulele a few weeks ago ,and have just bought akala kc02 tuner im trying to tune it in chromatic but i cannot seem to tune it right i keep getting cgdg ,can somebody please tell me were im going wrong please?

Try tuning with a piano or an online tuner to get it close, then use the tuner to get it spot on.

Set the tuner to Ukulele C. Then tune each string. The tuner will tell what string # and the tune of the string.

Best answer is above, try tuning it by ear to a reference pitch first, then fine tuning with the clip on. Google online uke tuner from many sites that give sample tones.

That said, I've used the tuner in question and don't rate it. Not particularly sensitive. Try a Snark tuner, they are amazing!

I have 3 kala tuners and I find them great I also have a bit more expensive korg and a old digital guitar tuner that is super sensitive. The kala's do a great job and in most situations I find them the best the they have more dampining than the other 2 so are probably not quite as accurate. I use the korg if I'm really working on intonation or checking out strings but for the rest the kala works great.

I have a Peterson StroboClip that is pretty amazing on Uke (although it normally sits in my bass gigbag). For the price, I've been extremely impressed with my Snark tuner (truth be told, I got it free instead of a set of strings from Elderly when I bought my Recording King uke). I'd check the Elderly website; they are regularly on sale for a very good price.

Usually you are not in the correct mode. Kala KC02 tuners are easy to use and work great most of the time. Some users get them in wrong modes and actually can break strings trying to find the tuning. I prefer chromatic also but would try the uke c to see if you get a different outcome. Usually the tuner works or doesn't, not in between with wrong indications. Let us know.

Top Bottom