5 in...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am finishing up my 5th mini uke (this is only my scratch built, not my "re-builds" or solid bodied electrics), and this is getting cooler and cooler. I can feel, see and just sense that with each one, they get better and better. Each one I do, I learned something from the one previous to it, simply because I am building them just like their larger counterpart would be built, and it is cool. I am hoping by spring I will be ready to start building something more normal sized. I plan to build a super soprano, and a concert come spring that look in shape like the Aphid. I am getting kind of excited and can't wait to do one of those. These little ones are fun, and I have been learning allot without ruining too much material due to their size. If I mess up a side, top or neck, I simply toss away a few inches of good wood in lue of expensive full sized pieces. That is actually why I started out with these minis. Besides they are just fun to make. I am really looking forward in getting wood on my supper soprano come spring. I hope I'll be ready.. ;)

Good on ya, Tony. I love the original and creative way you're dipping your toes in the instrument building waters. Looking forward to those more pics come spring.

Steve

Top Bottom