My club has weird taste, and I love it.

Kazz3lrath

Reaction score
Not too long ago I founded a ukulele club at my college, and we've a pretty good number of people to join and play around. We've finally gotten to where everyone in the club can play from tab at least a little and knows so basic chord. We decided to learn a few songs that mixed strumming and picking and after talking to the other fairly-experienced ukers and figuring out what we knew, the group decided as a whole to play "Hurt" by Johny Cash and "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by Marilyn Manson. Wee bit of a dichotomy there.

I'd be curious to hear what Marilyn Manson's version of Sweet Dreams sounds like on ukuleles! A recording or a video is in order! :)

:agree: with the above poster. Would love to see a video of you all playing!

Our next meeting will either be on Wednesday or Friday, I'll see if everyone wants to make a video. Could be fun.

The NIN version of Hurt doesn't translate to uke quite as easily, although it is really good. Eurythmics on the other hand, is noise pollution. Just my opinion I suppose.

And both of those are covers. Why not look to the originals? Or is this crowd too young to know that these weren't JC or MM songs to start with?

I am with you on this.

Top Bottom