London Instrument Shop

Skottoman

Reaction score
Hi,
Just back from London, and spotted this shop while wandering around. Noticed they had ukes in the window.

When I approached, it appears that all the ukes they have were some sort of rip-off of what looks like Ohanas!

Recognize any of these? Tuners looked horribly cheap so I didnt' even bother to try any of them out. I don't recall the brand name they were under, but they didn't even have logos on the headstocks...
Cheers,
Skottoman

Attachments

• IMG_6313.jpg
    IMG_6313.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6314.jpg
    IMG_6314.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 38
They are not rip-offs per se. But they are made in the same factory. Don't know the brand, but you will find the same thing with Makai. Same body as some ohanas, different brand on the headstock, different tuners. You will see the same things with other brands as well. You will find a lot of Kala s and Lanikais are similar for the same.reason. not all, but certain models.

Ohana has great quality control and customer service and nicer parts, such as tuners. They are a terrific brand.

Last edited:
I have a Clearwater Vita, which is a British brand and I love it, sounds great :D Could be that, as Mim says, they were made in the same factory, either way they're not a rip off of Ohana, just similar

Top Bottom