Tuner problems

SpeedoJosh

Reaction score
So I watched multiple videos on line of tuning the uke with a tuner.
I just got the uke with a snark tuner as a package.

So, from what I've seen, all you do is turn on the tuner, play a string, and it tells you how to adjust. Assuming that is correct, my uke is nowhere near in tune. But I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong.

I turned on the tuner, and played the A, but it just registers as G on the tuner. The G shows as F, and same situation for the other strings.

Any advice where I'm messing up at?

Sounds like you haven't put enough tension into the strings yet. If you are playing the A string open and it is registering G on the tuner, keep tightening the string until it goes through G and then G# and eventually you will get to A. Same for all the other strings too.

google online ukulele tuner and use the first one.
try to adjust the strings to the pitch of the sound and then try using your snark tuner more precisely tune it.

No clip on tuner will work if the strings are miles away from the note. Use a reference pitch (google will show you lots of online sites that play the tones G C E and A) and tune by ear to get you close (a good technique to learn, especially when performing and your tuner batteries die!) then use clip on to fine tune.

Bear in mind you may need quite a bit of stretching before strings hold the note

Ok, well I tuned it up according to the tuner. Seems like all the strings were really loose. Hopefully it's correct. Although not too important as I can't play a thing. Gonna take a couple lessons locally, hopefully starting Tues or Wed, and double check the tuning then.

Ok, well I tuned it up according to the tuner. Seems like all the strings were really loose. Hopefully it's correct. Although not too important as I can't play a thing. Gonna take a couple lessons locally, hopefully starting Tues or Wed, and double check the tuning then.

Keep the tuner with the uke - ukes need to be tuned pretty much every time you play, at least while the new strings are stretching.

Did your tuner come with a battery? I recently got the Snark all-instrument model and it did not include a battery, though the Amazon.com description said it was included. Not a huge deal but kind of a pain when you're anxiously waiting to use something.

I purchase Aroma AT-300U chromatic Ukulele tuner from amazon, came with battery and a easy to use. Spot on.

I have a Snark all instrument tuner and mine came with a battery.

If you have an all instrument tuner, as it's chromatic, it will tell you what note your playing as long as the note is within it's range. You need to be sure you're in the right octave which is where having a reference tone comes in.

I find it's sensitive to small adjustments of the string which is good.

The switchable internal mic is also useful for me as I can use it to check my flute when I put it together - only need to carry one tuner. I need to have the head joint of my wooden flute pulled out about 5 - 7mm to get it properly in tune.

Geoff

IVE had the same problem,ive just moved house so all my stuff is packed away,let me no how you get on/thanks

Did your tuner come with a battery? I recently got the Snark all-instrument model and it did not include a battery, though the Amazon.com description said it was included. Not a huge deal but kind of a pain when you're anxiously waiting to use something.

Yea, came with a battery. Amazon has amazing customer service. You could always call them up, I'm sure they'd hold good to their end.

Top Bottom