PDA

View Full Version : Who is mim?

Markr1
09-25-2011, 09:40 AM
I want to contact mim on here about a eleuke tenor pineapple and wanted to ask when a tenor will be available. I was going to buy one from her on ebay but didn't see a tenor only concerts by her. I saw a couple of tenors by others but would rather buy from her since she is a known trusted member and I've heard nothing but rave reviews about her or at least I think she or he is a her. Also I only have tenor ukes and should I try a concert eleuke or should I stick to the tenor since that's what I'm used to?

Gmoney
09-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Mim is simply the Ukulele Goddess of North Carolina & all parts East, West, North & South! She is usually addressed by "Her Mimness" or similar terms of endearment. Find her at:

http://www.mimsukes.com/

or here on UU as simply: Mim

Tudorp
09-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Mim is an awesome gal, and uke seller. She is here, simply search her screen name "Mim". You can't beat her customer service. You'll find she comes highly recommended around here, or by anyone that has bought from her.

ricdoug
09-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Made In Mexico... Oh, this is not the http://www.tdpri.com/forum/index.php Fender Telecaster TDPRI forum

MIM's Ukes has a great reputation. Contact her here:

http://www.mimsukes.com/

(704)238-3555

or

http://www.mimsukes.com/contactmim/index.html

UncleElvis
09-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Last year, I fell in love with the thought of owning an eleuke, so I sent a message through to Mim and bought one.

In the process, I found a friend that I love like family. She's an amazing person, an amazing friend and an amazing businesswoman.

You will not go wrong if you buy from her.

Markr1
09-25-2011, 10:18 AM
I sent her an email thru your link for the eleuke for myself and about my boys Xmas uke present too. Maybe she will help me with both of them. Thanks for all the help.

ukeshale
09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I am proud to call Mimbo a friend. I know for a fact just how many hours and how much work she puts into every single uke that gets shipped. You won't go wrong with her.

fitncrafty
09-25-2011, 11:14 AM
I sent her an email thru your link for the eleuke for myself and about my boys Xmas uke present too. Maybe she will help me with both of them. Thanks for all the help.

she's great and you can't go wrong with her! She will take care of you all the way!

Mim
09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Who is Mim? Well once upon a time in Williamsburg, Virginia a baby girl was born...

Haha! I crack myself up!

Mim is me! I am a forum member before a dealer. Does that make sense? UU in my first Uke home and I have a lot of friends here!

I do Eleukes! All things Eleuke! As well as Riptide, Kala, Makai, Big Island, Ohana, Lanikai, Kanilea in no particular order, and I am hoping to add more as I go along. I add brands one at a time until I am completely comfortable with the knowledge of them before I move onto adding another brand. I have about 300 ukes right now. But, I also have an ice cream shop that no one wants to buy (go figure, they dont want to buy an ice cream shop in the cold months, haha), so not all my ukes are on-line. When it sells though... look out. All my stock will be on-line and I am hoping for the "holy cow that is a lot of ukes" effect. And to be honest, I am so busy with e-mail orders and phone orders that I do not have time to list on ebay. I make sure all my customers are taken care of before I sit down to do listings. PLUS, I really do perfer for customers to buy over e-mail becaue ebay KILLS me in fees! So look for me re-vamping my site to be more of a shopping cart (when I have time to sit down and work on it, haha). Basically though my main goal is to make on-line uke purchasing as much like buying at a local uke shop as possible. Since most people dont have a full service uke shop in their community.

But yes, I have the Tenor Pineapple. I will get to your e-mail after dinner and work everything up for you!

I do have to say I am the only one who does Eleuke the way I do Eleuke. No drop-shipping, very personal attention to every uke I sell, so much so that I know the neuances of each model, each production run, etc. I really do specialize in them. And I usually remember my customers by what they order and what state/country they live in because I have spent so much time with their uke. I am a one-person show. I had an ebay feedback that says "Thanks Guys!" I was like... man, I WISH I had a co-worker. But since my name is attached to every uke I sell I do my best to make sure it is as good as that particular model and brand can be!

Dinner Time, but then I will be answering your e-mail. We will get it all worked out. I should even be able to send it out tomorrow if you are looking for it ASAP and you will have it on Wednesday!

austin1
09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
I heard that if you spin around and say Mim's name three times under the light of the waning gibbous moon, you'll be granted a wish!

Mim
09-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I heard that if you spin around and say Mim's name three times under the light of the waning gibbous moon, you'll be granted a wish!

shhhhhhh... granting all these uke-realted wished is hard work... you weren't supposed to tell people!

Markr1
09-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Thank you Mim!! If you could help me choose one for my 25 year old boy too. Maybe a big island tenor. I'll go an look at some of them and get some ideas.

Mim
09-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Thank you Mim!! If you could help me choose one for my 25 year old boy too. Maybe a big island tenor. I'll go an look at some of them and get some ideas.

I shot ya an e-mail. Then we can work something out. Also, you can Skype me during the day (MimsUkes) or call 704-238-3555.

RichM
09-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm Spartacus!

olgoat52
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM

It's true. But you have to be very very careful how you phrase your wish..... ;)

bbycrts
09-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I had to jump in here and say I LOVE MIM because...well, I do that with every "who is Mim" post.

In all seriousness, Mim is my friend, but she's also my musical crack...er, ukulele...dealer. She is the best and really does her utmost to take care of each and every customer with her own special brand of outstanding service.

YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG BUYING FROM MIM.

mendel
09-26-2011, 06:21 AM
I have heard that use of the word "Mim" in all positive adjectve uses is also acceptable. For example, "That Uke is so Mim-tastic!" could be used in your everyday vocabulary.... Also, "This Thursday is the Mimish holiday. Will you be getting together with family?"

Mim
09-26-2011, 06:42 AM
She is Mad I tell you... a Mad Madame...

If Disney would let me, I would so use her for my logo:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z446/MimsUkes/MadMadame.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Princess1bg/Madame_Mim.gifhttp://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee23/liber_album/mad_madame_mim_1.jpg

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 07:40 AM
She is a very "Mim"erable" experience.. ;)

Pippin
09-26-2011, 09:26 AM
We are the knights that go MIM.

austin1
09-26-2011, 09:30 AM

I LOVE that movie!

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 09:35 AM
hahh.. Classic MP.. Love that stuff.. ;)

Mim
09-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Ooooo... a new avatar idea! Fun Fun Fun with Paint!

Pueo
09-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I love how a "Who is Mim?" thread gets three pages of responses in 24 hours. Yes, I am a customer, but I am also a friend. Everything said so far is true!

JT_Ukes
09-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Note; Mim Steals your rum when you are not looking...

:)

and she don't even drink!

austin1
09-26-2011, 11:01 AM
On alternate Tuesdays between the hours of 3 and 5, Mim cures cancer.

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 11:04 AM
It's the power of the Mim. A Min's work is never done. Life, is like a bowl of Mims. May the Mim be with you... AMim..

JT_Ukes
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM

She does this with the laying on of Pepsi Max...

Mim
09-26-2011, 11:07 AM
She does this with the laying on of Pepsi Max...

and Diet Mountain Dew... you cant forget the Mountain Dew!

austin1
09-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Mim invented the internet.

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
There will be a Mim Party on the ballot next year... We for Ice Cream and Uke for every tax payer.

bbycrts
09-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I LOVE that movie!

Monty Python and the Mim? I have it on DVD!

bbycrts
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM

You can tell when she's doing it because her hair glows an even more amazing shade of blue...

Chap
09-26-2011, 12:18 PM
(in my best Jeremy Clarkson voice)

Some say she once killed a man with a slice of mango...
And there are those who say she can juggle six ukuleles....briefly...
All I know is.... She's called the Mim!

strumsilly
09-26-2011, 12:25 PM
sHHHHHHHHHH. Mims the word.

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
The Mimanator will be back...

Tack
09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
In Australia, we have a national holiday in honor of Mim! She put the she into sheila and the blow into bloke! (hang on - that doesn't sound quite right does it?...)
Awww whatever - she is THE MIM and ye shall know her by her set up and customer service. You can find her in the dictionary under "awesome" :D

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Grissom: Jack, listen. Maybe we can cut a deal.
Mim: Jack? Jack is dead my friend... You can call me.... Mim. And as you can see, I'm allot happier...."

Mim
09-26-2011, 12:44 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4148/5041187162_0db102cc7a.jpg

Like ET!

I needed a glowing heart day today :)

OldePhart
09-26-2011, 12:55 PM

Oh, gosh, I am not attractive with the beverage of the moment streaming out of my nose! LOL

John

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 01:08 PM
John, the beverage streaming out of your nose has nothing to do with that. You know this.. ;)

Oh, gosh, I am not attractive with the beverage of the moment streaming out of my nose! LOL

John

OldePhart
09-26-2011, 01:10 PM
John, the beverage streaming out of your nose has nothing to do with that. You know this.. ;)
Ahh, you hurt my widdle feelings. LOL

Oh....kay, if we must face reality, I am even less attractive with the beverage of the moment streaming out of my nose... :)

Mim
09-26-2011, 01:12 PM

John

I dont think that is possible! You will always be beautiful to me!!!

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Better.. But, you have a great personality buddy.. ;) hehheh

Ahh, you hurt my widdle feelings. LOL

Oh....kay, if we must face reality, I am even less attractive with the beverage of the moment streaming out of my nose... :)

OldePhart
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
I dont think that is possible! You will always be beautiful to me!!!

See, and that's just one of the reasons we all love her! :)

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Through Mim colored glasses..

mds725
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Five pages and nobody's mentioned yet that the names of two of our most beloved ukulele sellers, Mim and MGM, are spelled the same forward and backward? Coincidence? I don't think so.....

Tudorp
09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Hmmm... Alter ego? hehheh.. Or maybe they are like Batman and Robin? Hmmm.. Now I am wondering.. ;)

Mim
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Five pages and nobody's mentioned yet that the names of two of our most beloved ukulele sellers, Mim and MGM, are spelled the same forward and backward? Coincidence? I don't think so.....

Pure Coincidence I assure you... but I respect him so much that it is cool to realize that!

chindog
09-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Mim would have been Mayor of our town if she hadn't been previously committed. She does provide guidance to the local government, though.

Markr1
09-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Well it's over I hate to break up all this fun but Mim has helped me with the purchase of the eleuke and one for my boy too. I guess she must be somebody special and just as popular too. I cant wait to get them. Thanks for everyone's help and thank you to Mim.

bbycrts
09-26-2011, 06:11 PM
(in my best Jeremy Clarkson voice)

Some say she once killed a man with a slice of mango...
And there are those who say she can juggle six ukuleles....briefly...
All I know is.... She's called the Mim!

My son and I are addicted to Top Gear. You, sir, have earned my Jon's Favorite Post Of the Day award!

arashi_nero
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
i haven't posted in forever. however, i feel like i would be an ungrateful customer if i didn't chime in for how awesome mim is. of my 5 ukes, 2 have come from mim. if i have an opportunity to buy from her again, i will. i have recommended friends buy from her (don't know if they did, tho). next time my family goes to north carolina, i will make the wife and kids go to charlotte :D

mgm is also awesome ;).

i also need to put a shamless plug for the best tv show ever: top gear. chaps' comment totally made my day.

mds725
09-26-2011, 08:18 PM
The name Mim actually has a property that the name MGM doesn't have and that I don't even think there's a name for -- when it's spelled in all caps or all lower case letters, it looks the same as its reflection in the mirror. I guess we could call that a "reflective palindrome."

Pippin
09-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Mim, I love the new avatar!

Mim
09-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Mim, I love the new avatar!

Hehe! It creeps one of my friends out, but I think it turned out pretty cool! Fun to wake up and see this still going! Better than how I woke up yesterday :P

mikeg0232
09-27-2011, 05:01 AM
My last two ukes have come from Mim. Yesterday's arrival was the best yet! Mim will set you up.

paeataa
10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I can't recommend her highly enough for all ukulele buyers out there. I bought a cheap ukulele from her recently. The ukulele got some problem which I am sure that it occurred after the uke had left Mim's hand. Yeah, sometimes it just happens.

She has been really helpful trying to solve this issue with me. Unfortunately, I had to return the ukulele to her and was sorry that our business did not go well for the first time. Though, the great thing about this is that I have learned how wonderful Mim is. She offerred me a full refund including the shipping.

All in all, I would like to emphasize that she is a business person who is very easy to deal with, responsible for her products and her customers :) Highly recommended!!

Thank you, Mim!!

I'm sure that when I can afford a better and higher-priced ukulele, I will definitely get one from her.