Who is mim?

Markr1

Reaction score
I want to contact mim on here about a eleuke tenor pineapple and wanted to ask when a tenor will be available. I was going to buy one from her on ebay but didn't see a tenor only concerts by her. I saw a couple of tenors by others but would rather buy from her since she is a known trusted member and I've heard nothing but rave reviews about her or at least I think she or he is a her. Also I only have tenor ukes and should I try a concert eleuke or should I stick to the tenor since that's what I'm used to?

Mim is simply the Ukulele Goddess of North Carolina & all parts East, West, North & South! She is usually addressed by "Her Mimness" or similar terms of endearment. Find her at:

http://www.mimsukes.com/

or here on UU as simply: Mim

Mim is an awesome gal, and uke seller. She is here, simply search her screen name "Mim". You can't beat her customer service. You'll find she comes highly recommended around here, or by anyone that has bought from her.

Last year, I fell in love with the thought of owning an eleuke, so I sent a message through to Mim and bought one.

In the process, I found a friend that I love like family. She's an amazing person, an amazing friend and an amazing businesswoman.

You will not go wrong if you buy from her.

I sent her an email thru your link for the eleuke for myself and about my boys Xmas uke present too. Maybe she will help me with both of them. Thanks for all the help.

I am proud to call Mimbo a friend. I know for a fact just how many hours and how much work she puts into every single uke that gets shipped. You won't go wrong with her.

I sent her an email thru your link for the eleuke for myself and about my boys Xmas uke present too. Maybe she will help me with both of them. Thanks for all the help.

she's great and you can't go wrong with her! She will take care of you all the way!

Who is Mim? Well once upon a time in Williamsburg, Virginia a baby girl was born...

Haha! I crack myself up!

Mim is me! I am a forum member before a dealer. Does that make sense? UU in my first Uke home and I have a lot of friends here!

I do Eleukes! All things Eleuke! As well as Riptide, Kala, Makai, Big Island, Ohana, Lanikai, Kanilea in no particular order, and I am hoping to add more as I go along. I add brands one at a time until I am completely comfortable with the knowledge of them before I move onto adding another brand. I have about 300 ukes right now. But, I also have an ice cream shop that no one wants to buy (go figure, they dont want to buy an ice cream shop in the cold months, haha), so not all my ukes are on-line. When it sells though... look out. All my stock will be on-line and I am hoping for the "holy cow that is a lot of ukes" effect. And to be honest, I am so busy with e-mail orders and phone orders that I do not have time to list on ebay. I make sure all my customers are taken care of before I sit down to do listings. PLUS, I really do perfer for customers to buy over e-mail becaue ebay KILLS me in fees! So look for me re-vamping my site to be more of a shopping cart (when I have time to sit down and work on it, haha). Basically though my main goal is to make on-line uke purchasing as much like buying at a local uke shop as possible. Since most people dont have a full service uke shop in their community.

But yes, I have the Tenor Pineapple. I will get to your e-mail after dinner and work everything up for you!

I do have to say I am the only one who does Eleuke the way I do Eleuke. No drop-shipping, very personal attention to every uke I sell, so much so that I know the neuances of each model, each production run, etc. I really do specialize in them. And I usually remember my customers by what they order and what state/country they live in because I have spent so much time with their uke. I am a one-person show. I had an ebay feedback that says "Thanks Guys!" I was like... man, I WISH I had a co-worker. But since my name is attached to every uke I sell I do my best to make sure it is as good as that particular model and brand can be!

Dinner Time, but then I will be answering your e-mail. We will get it all worked out. I should even be able to send it out tomorrow if you are looking for it ASAP and you will have it on Wednesday!

Last edited:
I heard that if you spin around and say Mim's name three times under the light of the waning gibbous moon, you'll be granted a wish!

I heard that if you spin around and say Mim's name three times under the light of the waning gibbous moon, you'll be granted a wish!

shhhhhhh... granting all these uke-realted wished is hard work... you weren't supposed to tell people!

Thank you Mim!! If you could help me choose one for my 25 year old boy too. Maybe a big island tenor. I'll go an look at some of them and get some ideas.

Thank you Mim!! If you could help me choose one for my 25 year old boy too. Maybe a big island tenor. I'll go an look at some of them and get some ideas.

I shot ya an e-mail. Then we can work something out. Also, you can Skype me during the day (MimsUkes) or call 704-238-3555.

It's true. But you have to be very very careful how you phrase your wish..... ;)

I had to jump in here and say I LOVE MIM because...well, I do that with every "who is Mim" post.

In all seriousness, Mim is my friend, but she's also my musical crack...er, ukulele...dealer. She is the best and really does her utmost to take care of each and every customer with her own special brand of outstanding service.

YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG BUYING FROM MIM.

I have heard that use of the word "Mim" in all positive adjectve uses is also acceptable. For example, "That Uke is so Mim-tastic!" could be used in your everyday vocabulary.... Also, "This Thursday is the Mimish holiday. Will you be getting together with family?"

She is Mad I tell you... a Mad Madame...

If Disney would let me, I would so use her for my logo:

MadMadame.jpg
Madame_Mim.gif
mad_madame_mim_1.jpg

Top Bottom