Ukulele Clawhammer & one-man jug band

Dougf

Reaction score
Inspired by Aaron Keim and Fritz Richmond. And maybe Tristin Chanel too. :)

Banjo & Fiddle - Ukulele Clawhammer & Jug Band orig

I also posted this to "my musical epiphany at WCUF" in "uke talk".

Doug - Nice job, man! Glad you got it finished..... I looked over the bit you posted in the 'song writing challenge' thread, but didn't come up with anything worth sharing. I dig the quirky arrangement and your clawhammer sounds great. I've been looking over Aaron Keim's tutorials the last week or two, working on it myself - it's slow going. Nice job on the multitrack, as well - a great blend of instruments and everything hangs together really well! Really enjoyed it - very hip.....

Thanks, 23skidoo, in some ways it's really just a proof of concept, and it's still just one verse. But I wanted to try the low-tech jug band thing with the video, and I felt like I have gotten the basic feel with the clawhammer. I think it's so cool that the uke can sound so banjo-like. And Aaron rules!

Man I absolutly LOVE this !!!! The sound is just amazing, love the style.

Congratulations and thank you !

Man I absolutly LOVE this !!!! The sound is just amazing, love the style.

Congratulations and thank you !

Thanks, sometimes low-tech can work pretty well.

Funky! I have been attempting clawhammer, but it is going slow.

Definitely start slow, listen to Aaron's YouTube lessons, and let the muscle memory set in.

wow you've got a whole lotta fun stuff going on in that video hee hee nice washtub bass :cool:

I may not be the first person to combine uke and didgerioo, but maybe the first to play clawhammer uke with didgeridoo. :) Guess I should really learn to play this thing. And the didge, too.

Top Bottom