Dük Aphid & Dük Ladybug list.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
People. I had some wood delivered, and I am drawing out to cut pieces for my next batch of Dük Aphid/Ladybug minis. This next round, there will be 6 or 7 built in this next batch (but I plan to make a "special" one for my daughter, so basically 5 or 6 (?) will be built to sell). I am not taking deposits for these, mainly because I can not promise when they will be finished (depends on how long winter stays away). I have had several people that asked to be notified, but I can't remember who all wanted one to be honest (short term memory issues is actually part of my disability, sorry). Please send a PM if you want to be put down for one of these, and I will take a list. Again, not sure when they will be complete, but at least I will have the list of names who wanted one. Following is a list that is going to be made. I want to try a couple different wood configurations so not all of them will be the same.

4 Aphids (traditional body shape)
1 mahogany body/mahogany neck/rosewood fretboard & bridge <spoken for>
1 mahogany body/mahogany neck/ebony fretboard & bridge <spoken for>
1 maple body/maple neck/rosewood fretboard & bridge <spoken for>
1 mahogany body/maple neck/rosewood fretboard & bridge <spoken for>

3 Ladybugs (Pineapple body shape)
1 mahogany body/mahogany neck/rosewood fretboard & bridge

I sell these for $100 priority mail paid to USA. The one with ebony however will sell for $130 due to ebony is expensive as heck, and a PITA to work with (very hard and dense wood)

If you want to put your name on one of these, I will be glad to do that. However again, I am not sure when these will be ready to ship. May be as long as Spring weather break (depends on how quick and hard Michigan winter is going to be).

No deposits will be taken until closer to time of completion of each. But will be glad to tag one with names..

P1050537.jpg

For those that don't already know. These ukes are Mini ukes. They are a novelty, not a touring uke. They are a hoot at gatherings, and everyone loves them when I break one out when I play at local events. Real head turners, and will get gasps, and laughs. They are truly fun. They "can" be played, however may not be perfect intonation and tone. They are little, and I do everything I can to make sure intonation and tone is as good as it can be on these little things. They stand 10" in total length with a 6.5" scale.

God Bless...

Last edited:
Make sure you get one of these while you can. Mines not even done yet, but from the pics I've seen. She's a real beauty

All the aphids are spoken for with the next upcoming batch. It seems Aphid is a bit more popular than Ladybug. That said, the body wood on these have not been cut yet, so if someone still wants an Aphid, I can make more of those with the wood I set aside for the ladybug (same wood, as long as it isn't cut yet, it can go either way). So, if you still want an Aphid, just let me know before I start cutting the body parts out..

Hi

I'd like to order one of each, ie one Aphid and One ladybug.
Would you send to Signapore ? Will be prepared to pay for the higher cost of shipping.
My email is oteonghn@gmail.com

Many thanks

Rgds
ONG Teong Hoon

People. I had some wood delivered, and I am drawing out to cut pieces for my next batch of Dük Aphid/Ladybug minis. This next round, there will be 6 or 7 built in this next batch (but I plan to make a "special" one for my daughter, so basically 5 or 6 (?) will be built to sell). I am not taking deposits for these, mainly because I can not promise when they will be finished (depends on how long winter stays away). I have had several people that asked to be notified, but I can't remember who all wanted one to be honest (short term memory issues is actually part of my disability, sorry). Please send a PM if you want to be put down for one of these, and I will take a list. Again, not sure when they will be complete, but at least I will have the list of names who wanted one. Following is a list that is going to be made. I want to try a couple different wood configurations so not all of them will be the same.

4 Aphids (traditional body shape)
1 mahogany body/mahogany neck/rosewood fretboard & bridge <spoken for>
1 mahogany body/mahogany neck/ebony fretboard & bridge <spoken for>

3 Ladybugs (Pineapple body shape)
1 mahogany body/mahogany neck/rosewood fretboard & bridge

I sell these for $100 priority mail paid to USA. The one with ebony however will sell for $130 due to ebony is expensive as heck, and a PITA to work with (very hard and dense wood)

If you want to put your name on one of these, I will be glad to do that. However again, I am not sure when these will be ready to ship. May be as long as Spring weather break (depends on how quick and hard Michigan winter is going to be).

No deposits will be taken until closer to time of completion of each. But will be glad to tag one with names..

View attachment 28375

For those that don't already know. These ukes are Mini ukes. They are a novelty, not a touring uke. They are a hoot at gatherings, and everyone loves them when I break one out when I play at local events. Real head turners, and will get gasps, and laughs. They are truly fun. They "can" be played, however may not be perfect intonation and tone. They are little, and I do everything I can to make sure intonation and tone is as good as it can be on these little things. They stand 10" in total length with a 6.5" scale.

God Bless...

Top Bottom