Killer sounds from one of my guitar pedals.

OldePhart

Reaction score
So, yesterday I'm fooling around on the Eleuke when my eye falls on my EHX POG-2 guitar pedal on a nearby shelf. For those not familiar with it, POG stands for Polyphonic Octave Generator. The POG-2 generates an octave up, two octaves up, an octave down, and two octaves down, plus some filtering, detuning and attack-envelope modulation stuff. It does all of this polyphonically - meaning you can play a full chord and it will do all that cool stuff without losing it's mind, unlike most pitch shifters which are monophonic.

I've used it with acoustic guitar and bass, and to do a reasonable job of simulating a five-string bass using a seven-string guitar.

So, a few minutes later I'm jamming on the Eleuke through the POG-2 and my VOX Tonelab LE set clean but with a little vibrato. CRAZY drawbar organ sound out of the uke. Not only would you probably not realize it's a uke being played, the attack envelope modification is completely masking the strumming sounds so it doesn't even sound like any kind of stringed instrument. I was having so much fun that I didn't think to record any clips. I'll try to do that when I have a chance - maybe this coming weekend.

John

Sounds interesting..... I've fooled around with one of those pedals, with my archtop guitar. Aside from trying to control the feedback, it was a blast! Looking forward to what you record.....

Top Bottom