How much would you ask for in trade for a KoAloha uke?

consitter

Reaction score
I am seriously considering trading in my KoAloha concert for a Kustom Sienna 65 acoustic amp to use with my KoAloha custom that has a pickup. The value of the amp, depending on where you look is $300 to $329 (it is new). My uke was made in August 2005 and is in great shape, but it's a second. Can't tell why, but it was sold to me as such six years ago. Any thoughts out there?

BTW, only reason I'm even considering trading it is, I'm planning on buying a KoAloha tenor neck soprano when we go to Hawaii next year.

Last edited:
Your uke is probably still worth about $500, so you're better off selling it and then putting some of the money toward the amp.

Your uke is probably still worth about $500, so you're better off selling it and then putting some of the money toward the amp.

You interested? (chuckle) Thanks, wouldn't have thought it would be worth that much.

Very Interested!

I am seriously considering trading in my KoAloha concert for a Kustom Sienna 65 acoustic amp to use with my KoAloha custom that has a pickup. The value of the amp, depending on where you look is $300 to $329 (it is new). My uke was made in August 2005 and is in great shape, but it's a second. Can't tell why, but it was sold to me as such six years ago. Any thoughts out there?

BTW, only reason I'm even considering trading it is, I'm planning on buying a KoAloha tenor neck soprano when we go to Hawaii next year.
Been thinking hard about buying a Koaloha concert. Maybe this is the one. Live fairly close to you. May I request a sound sample and a couple of photos... Thanks.
genericstuff@att.net

Trading is something that is funny. If you want the amp and it is in great shape I see nothing wrong with a straight up trade. I once traded a Pineapple Sunday for a Kamaka HF-3. I was happy with the trade. I also traded a ana'ole custom tenor (valued at $1900 new) for a $500 handgun. If you think you can sell the uke then pay cash for the amp, do it. If you are happy with the trade straight up, then trade straight up.

It would be less than that as their concert seconds go for a little over $500 directly from Koaloha. If yours has the crown bridge, then somone might be willing to pay $500. I agree with Haolejohn where trades are based on how badly someone wants the other item.

I hate waiting so it's always easier to trade...You can list your uke and if you don't sell it in a week, you can do the trade. Secondly, if the trade is local, it's worth it to alot of people as they don't like the hassle of packing and shipping.

It would be less than that as their concert seconds go for a little over $500 directly from Koaloha. If yours has the crown bridge, then somone might be willing to pay $500.

KoAloha didn't make concerts with the crown bridge, only super concerts, tenors, and sceptres.

I would think that the value of a second from 2005 would be closer to $400, especially if it has the Schaller cotton filled friction tuners with the white tuning buttons. The newer Gotoh friction tuners are a step up in quality, IMO.

Good luck with the trade or sale.

Top Bottom