Custom Ukulele Paint Job

modern day ukuleleist

Reaction score
A family friend painted my ukulele for me. I know the Ukulele is a cheap model (Lanikai), but it was an experimental paint job. I didn't want to have a high end ukulele painted only to find out it ruined the sound quality.

Anyway, it actually sounds better than it used to, if that's possible. Pics taken prior to restringing the ukulele:

2laskfs.jpg

1055xzt.png

What do you think?

Do you have your own custom painted ukulele? Post pics if you do.

Wow... Nothing like that.. that is awesome art.. Here are a couple of my custom paint projects. The 1st two were two student ukes I rebuilt for a couple local kids..

1st one I did for a local kid. He names it "Skye". The 2nd was for a "miss-understood" goth kid in my area. And the 3rd is one of my recent electric uke projects before the electronics were installed of course.. The electric one is cherry clear nitro over quilted maple turned out prettier than I had hoped.

skye1.JPG

gothuke.JPG

LPuke.jpg

Wow... Nothing like that.. that is awesome art.. Here are a couple of my custom paint projects. The 1st two were two student ukes I rebuilt for a couple local kids..

1st one I did for a local kid. He names it "Skye". The 2nd was for a "miss-understood" goth kid in my area. And the 3rd is one of my recent electric uke projects before the electronics were installed of course.. The electric one is cherry clear nitro over quilted maple turned out prettier than I had hoped.

Great themes for ukuleles. Very nice.

Thank you for sharing those photographs!

WOW! That is amazing! So beautiful! I've got no art on my Ukes, not talented in drawing!

Im loving all these painted ukuleles. If i had any skill in art i would paint my old uke.

Thanks for the positive remarks everyone.

I'm very fortunate to know such a great artist.

That's extremely beautiful! As for sounding better - sometimes how a uke sounds to one is very closely bound to how much one has invested (emotionally) in the uke, and there ain't a thing wrong with that. I'd be hesitant to take a really nice, responsive uke like a KoAloha or something and paint it, though, because I suspect the paint really would adversely affect a top-notch uke. Especially since you'd probably want a few layers of clear coat to protect the beautiful paint, and that much finish is going to be noticeable on something like a "k-brand" or what have you.

By the way, did I mention that uke is beautiful? :)

John

Here's my custom painted tenor Fluke done by fellow UU member kasperjj. Strung with Aquillas and a Freemont blackline Low G. Sounds sweet. I named her Cosmos.
006-1.jpg
008-1.jpg
009.jpg

I absolutely love the head to tail design. How did you do the fretboard? Is it sealed?

Wow that is some seriously skilled paintwork! I'd be too afraid to play it now, definite wallhanger!

A family friend painted my ukulele for me. I know the Ukulele is a cheap model (Lanikai), but it was an experimental paint job. I didn't want to have a high end ukulele painted only to find out it ruined the sound quality.

thats some amazing artwork! thats is definately one to display more than play,

I used to be a fair artist took some colledge graphic art, Ive thought about doing some art work OF ukuleles but not ON them lol I've got perception problems now and stuff tends to come out slanted all off to the left when I try to draw anything though. my ukes come out lookign like somethign by Salvador Dali haha

Top Bottom