New Uke Accessoires Day!

The Snark is great isn't it? I have the black one and I really like it. The D'addario J71 set is also nice, one of my favorites for playing traditional high g ukulele songs.

My only recommendation to you re: a strap would be you may want to consider a Uke Leash instead -- that way you won't have to attach it to the soundhole. They are made by a UU member (Lori) and I have a few of them and they work great.

http://ukeleash.com/

Next on the list: strap(-kinda thing), probably one that will go around my neck and is attached via the sound hole.
I'm with ww on this... I'd never use anything that hooks into the soundhole and exerts outward pressure on the top, especially if it's a solid top (more delicate than laminate).

Installing a strap button is no big deal unless you have a high-end uke and you're worried about potential resale value for having "mutilated" it. :p

Do you have a string winder? That's one little accessory everyone should have, makes changing strings go so much faster. The cheapo plastic ones ($1-2) work just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...-keywords=string+winder&sprefix=string+winder

Love it too. Works as well as one of the ones I paid a butt load for years ago when I played guitar. I got the red one, which I think is the II. The blue one is the I, and a few bucks cheaper, and from what I hear is just as good as the II, the only difference being it doesn't have "mic" mode like the II (which I rarely use anyway).

My only recommendation to you re: a strap would be you may want to consider a Uke Leash instead -- that way you won't have to attach it to the soundhole. They are made by a UU member (Lori) and I have a few of them and they work great.

http://ukeleash.com/

I just got a Uke Leash. Works really well no need to fit a strap button - I wouldn't want to drill into my uke anyway. Lori was very prompt sending it out but it took a bit of time to get to the UK :(

Love it too. Works as well as one of the ones I paid a butt load for years ago when I played guitar. I got the red one, which I think is the II. The blue one is the I, and a few bucks cheaper, and from what I hear is just as good as the II, the only difference being it doesn't have "mic" mode like the II (which I rarely use anyway).

I got a II. I find the mic function very useful for checking my flute when I put it together. Only need to carry one tuner then. :D

Geoff

I've been very pleased with my Uke Leash, and Lori's service is excellent. And if you decide to install a strap button at a later date, you can order an adapter to convert your Uke Leash into a full strap.

And I'm also very happy with my red Snark!

Last edited:
I have now bought a total of 14 Snarks. I have one in every instrument case (7), and one in the two rooms I play in most. I also gave 5 to friends as gifts. One thing I like about them is they work super on a bass guitar as well as a ukulele or mandolin. Only complaint is visibility in bright sunlight. I keep a few of my other tuners for outside us.

Top Bottom