Clawhammer Ukulele

srpm

Reaction score
Happy holidays everyone... I posted these videos a while back... hope you enjoy them.

Last edited:
Really fine playing! Having gotten hooked on the idea of learning clawhammer the last week or two, these clips are mind-blowing, inspiring, and informative all at the same time. Thanks for sharing....

Those are great! I'm a claw hammer banjo player myself and was wondering about using the same technique on the Ukulele. I was wondering about tuning my Ukulele to variation of Double C or Sawmill and giving it a go. However, I also enjoy the traditional tuning of the Ukulele and would like to continue learning that as well....mmmm time to buy another Uke I guess. Thanks for posting.

Wow, impressive! It even prompted my SO to comment "That's really cool, I didn't know ukuleles could sound like that!". I'm apparently chopped liver. Just kidding.

YAY!!!! That was really great !! Very inspiring, I loved it. Great playing and amazing sounding songs. Never thought of doing something like this on a uke. I am planning a baritone next year and will surely use an open chord tuning to do something like this.

Thank You !

Thank you everyone... lovely to hear such positive feedback!

One word: WOW!!!!
Man, this is top-notch! I love your style, and your technique is simply perfect. I'll probably be studying these videos everyday frame by frame for the coming decade or two. I should get myself a baritone! :)
Thanks for posting!
We have a thread about mountain music on the ukulele over here, maybe you would like to contribute and give us some advice?
Cheers!

Wow. two of the best uke vids I have ever seen.

So, if I want to learn to play in this style, are there any good learning resources to teach me? I already have jumpin jims bluegrass book and am almost done, but vids like this are at a whole higher level and I honestly dont even know where to begin.

GREAT videos!

gee...I missed this somehow the other day. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!. Far out, you are an incredible player. These videos are simply fabulous and are going into my favorites list. Thanks so much for posting them. Flawless. Inspiring. MORE......pleeeeeeeese

hey Couloirman, check out aron keim's youtube site. He has a number of fab 'tutorial' videos for this style of music...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ackeim
Wow. two of the best uke vids I have ever seen.

So, if I want to learn to play in this style, are there any good learning resources to teach me? I already have jumpin jims bluegrass book and am almost done, but vids like this are at a whole higher level and I honestly dont even know where to begin.

GREAT videos!

you can also check out the ezfolk.com website for a how to for claw hammer uke. I have been practicing for awhile to get this but it still doesn't sound right.

I vote we just make this one a sticky. :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm planning on recording a few more tunes while I still have the loan of this uke!

Cheers

Top Bottom