A few tin pan alley songs on You Tube

Ukulele_Lady

Reaction score
Hello!! These videos are of my band The Flamin' Mamies, there are five of us so not just a ukulele video, but I am there playing my Ludwig Wendell Hall Banjo Ukulele, amongst other things ;)

The songs up right now are After You've Gone, Doctor Jazz, Shimmy like my Sister Kate, Cow-Cow Boogie and If You're a Viper. So if that sounds like your cup of tea have a listen and see what you think!

Here's Doctor Jazz to start with, and if you like that there's a few more to see, and more coming soon too..

http://www.youtube.com/misslace112#p/u/0/5lC82u8-7ko

Last edited:
I love my jazz hot and that just made my day.... watched all five - especially liked 'Sister Kate' and 'After You've Gone'. Some pretty righteous uke banjo going on in there along with wonderful vocals, good arrangements.... the whole package. I'm smitten. You ladies certainly know the time. Subscribed in desperate hopes for more......

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it! We are indeed students of the past ;) There are actually some more coming, the friend who filmed us hasn't quite finished editing them all down..and we saved some of our best songs for another round of videos soon so we could get them spot on.
I just showed some of the others your 'skit-skat doodle do' and they loved it! x :D We will enjoy perusing your youtube for more gems.

Very nice! I love that kind of music. Subbed!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it! We are indeed students of the past ;) There are actually some more coming, the friend who filmed us hasn't quite finished editing them all down..and we saved some of our best songs for another round of videos soon so we could get them spot on.
I just showed some of the others your 'skit-skat doodle do' and they loved it! x :D We will enjoy perusing your youtube for more gems.

Why, thank you.... although you unfortunately have me confused with the estimable Dr. Bekken - since he's a large bald man from Norway and I'm a skinny redneck from Georgia, I completely understand:)

But, like Dr. Bekken, you're group is among the few contemporary musicians I know of who actually bring real life and energy to this sort of music. I've just spent the last hour listening to all the tunes (and those in your 'favorites' - you have excellent taste!) several times. They are truly a joy. Somersetting old, something new..... just great fun.

But, like Dr. Bekken, you're group is among the few contemporary musicians I know of who actually bring real life and energy to this sort of music. ..... just great fun.

Ditto! I'm not a big fan of that era (raised on rock'n'roll and all that), but I'm a huge fan of musicians who can lay it down without 50k $ in 'technology'! I'd rather listen to hours of folks like you than ten minutes of some over hyped-idiots who have achieved their fame thanks to an auto-tune and a crafty publicist!

Keep 'em coming!

John

Uh-Oh 23skidoo, sorry!! I have been stalking dr.bekkens youtube from various locations today haha so i got a little mixed up there!! :D Just been and subscribed to you too, though. I liked Rex's Blues a lot!

Chris, Oldephart, thanks so much for your nice comments! I'm going to show the other girls the nice things you have all been saying! We often still feel like such beginners but have definitely always had the fun factor going for us even when we couldn't play!! I'm so glad there are still people who appreciate this music to share it with, it's great.

Dr.Bekken you are awesome!! I am LOVING your videos too, they're loads and loads of fun too! :D

Absolutely brilliant, ladies!! LOVE IT!! I've subbed you too! :) Don't look at my vids tho - all fishing & family!

I love that 'old jazz' sound - and you guys have nailed it!

I've passing your site onto everyone I know who likes spunky music too!

Do the Sidney Bailey's No Good Punchin' Clowns have their own Youtube section? I can see them on numerous uploaders but not necessarily their own? Very nice too! (But I like you guys better!!) :eek:

Cheers

Roberta

Last edited:
This is absolutely brilliant. I am supposed to be practicing, but I am sucked in. My day just got one heck of a lot better- thank you ladies

wow! you ladies are totally wonderful. Gorgeous tunes played with sass and pizazz. Best thing I've heard on youtube since the good doctor...

Top Bottom