Tall Grass is blowing out some scratch & dents and then shutting it down.

JoshFromTallGrassUkes

Reaction score
Hey UUers,

Kim & I are blowing out some less-than-perfect concert ukes we have hanging around, and then we're shutting down Tall Grass Ukuleles.

The interest has been (and remains) strong, and we're not losing great piles of money or anything, but we just don't have the time to do this the way it deserves to be done.

If you're interested in a bamboo concert uke with a hardshell case for $50 (shipping is $15 in the US), please have at it.

http://www.tallgrassukuleles.com/products/scratch-dent-concert-uke-with-hardshell-case

Thank you so much for all your friendship here on the forum--this community of ukers is second to none.

See You Around,

Josh & Kim

Sorry to hear you're going out of business. I'm assuming you'll still be a part of UU . . . correct? I also ordered one of your "scratch & dents" to keep around my classroom for student's wishing to play. Thank you and I wish you well in your next endeavor.

Good luck,

-Gary

You know, for this price, I just went ahead and took a chance on one. I think it will make a really good gift.

I got one too but I couldn't help but feel bad while I was buying. I am very sorry you couldn't make a go of it. I know I constantly think about businesses but it is more than just the fun stuff of collecting checks.

Very sorry Josh but thanks for letting us all get a chance at these. I will look forward to my new beat up uke.

I just ordered one. I am sorry to hear about the closing. I will play it in good health when it arrives. Good luck in the future.

Yeah, I couldn't pass that up myself. It takes a lot of guts to realize that you don't have the time to invest in something, no matter how much joy it brings. Best wishes on your future endeavors!

Josh & Kim,

Really sorry to read the news. Take care. Much success in future endeavors.

Rick

Dang.. sold out.. I tried.. :(

My loss, I just tried to order but you were sold out! Oh well, ....

Thanks for offering these to us at UU.

keep uke'in',

Nevermind...

I just ordered one. To those who are getting "sold out" try the link in the first post. Worked for me :)

Never mind, musta been the last one... sorry.

Last edited:
I ordered mine about 4pm central time. I spoke to him on the phone first and he had 6-8 at that time. This is my second Uke, My first is a silvertone in its original box I got as a Christmas present when I was 5. (41yrs ago)

Kytim

Wow thanks Josh. I got mine today and it was hard to determine what would make it a scratch and dent! I love it and it has a very sweet and mellow voice. I'm just sorry there wont be anymore. But at least that was your decision!

thanks again Bro!

kytim

Received mine today, also. Looks and sounds great. My niece will love it. Thanks, Josh. Like Kytim said, wish you guys were able to keep going and selling these. Best wishes for the future.

I took some more time today to sand down the nut a little, and the thing plays even better than it did previously. Great sound to it!

Top Bottom