Strings in Australia

dezer

Reaction score
Hello All

I was wondering if anyone had a good source for string in Australia or with reasonable shipping to Australia?
I was particularly after worth baritone strings.

I see your in Perth. I had fam up in Sharks Bay. Sharks Bay? Does that sound like the spot to go swimming? :)

I used to live around there in Carnarvon, Shark Bay's a beautiful Place to swim the whole area is pretty amazing. I think and I could just be making this up it was called Shark Bay because the explorers saw the fins of dolphins swimming around and thought they were Sharks. There are sharks but they only bite tourists.

Back on subject do you have worth browns?

Dolphin Bay would have been better to attract tourist:)
Worth Browns are in but alas no Baris at this time. Aquila Baris in C or D tuning are in .
I used to live around there in Carnarvon, Shark Bay's a beautiful Place to swim the whole area is pretty amazing. I think and I could just be making this up it was called Shark Bay because the explorers saw the fins of dolphins swimming around and thought they were Sharks. There are sharks but they only bite tourists.

Back on subject do you have worth browns?

Hey Dezer,

I myself have searched and searched for a local worth supplier, but have had no luck. If Uke Republic have no stock, you could try "elderly instruments" http://www.elderly.com/ . I've bought worths from them before and the postage wasn't too bad.

I'd stay away from Ellis. I ordered and paid for strings from him a while ago and waited two weeks, emailed him and he said "oh I don't have them in stock I'll have to order them" then had to wait another couple of weeks. I went with Elderly. They have a huge selection and have good prices if you buy in lots of two or three and so on. About ten bucks shipping but doesn't seem that bad when the 'over priced' prices from Australian shops are factored in. They also ship promptly.

Sent a couple of string orders to Australia this week. We seem to have a steady flow going that way.

Shipping is about as reasonable as it gets - free! That's what we do on U.S. orders as well. The difference on international is that after the first set (a trial order so to speak), there's a 3 set minimum.

Top Bottom