KPK Concert has arrived...

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
I'll provide a more in depth review and photos at a later time, but my first impressions are quite positive. The overall quality of the sound, build and craftmanship have exceeded my expectations.
The finish is a flawless 'open pore' gloss with the grain pattern you'd expect from traditional Hawiian koa. The frets are well dressed and the intonation is spot on. I was skeptical about a rosewood saddle but the tone is clear and balanced.
I know this is a bit of blasphemy, but it compares very favorablely with my mid-70s Kamaka soprano in overall looks and sound.

I see these on ebay for very reasonable prices and am always tempted. Glad you are enjoying yours.

Ordered mine directly from: www.pilikoko.com . Same person that sells them on eBay. He probably saves a few bucks if you order directly from his site. I'm so impressed with the concert, I'm seriously considering ordering the pineapple soprano.

Wow, those prices seem really nice. Congrats on the new uke.

Dan

Glad to hear you are enjoying your uke.

I have a KPK Soprano and love it!

Glad you're enjoying your Uke!

Aloha guitarsnrotts,
Congrats on your KPK, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy both of mine, concert and tenor. First solid wood ukes I purchased and wasn't disappointed at all. Very underrated IMO. Jason(seller) very pleasant and helpful to deal with....................................BO.........................

They look interesting.

Top Bottom