PDA

View Full Version : KPK Concert has arrived...

guitarsnrotts
09-29-2011, 07:04 AM
I'll provide a more in depth review and photos at a later time, but my first impressions are quite positive. The overall quality of the sound, build and craftmanship have exceeded my expectations.
The finish is a flawless 'open pore' gloss with the grain pattern you'd expect from traditional Hawiian koa. The frets are well dressed and the intonation is spot on. I was skeptical about a rosewood saddle but the tone is clear and balanced.
I know this is a bit of blasphemy, but it compares very favorablely with my mid-70s Kamaka soprano in overall looks and sound.

v30
09-29-2011, 07:55 AM
I see these on ebay for very reasonable prices and am always tempted. Glad you are enjoying yours.

guitarsnrotts
09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Ordered mine directly from: www.pilikoko.com . Same person that sells them on eBay. He probably saves a few bucks if you order directly from his site. I'm so impressed with the concert, I'm seriously considering ordering the pineapple soprano.

dhoenisch
09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Wow, those prices seem really nice. Congrats on the new uke.

Dan

Mandarb
09-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying your uke.

joeybug
09-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I have a KPK Soprano and love it!

Glad you're enjoying your Uke!

808boy
09-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Aloha guitarsnrotts,
Congrats on your KPK, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy both of mine, concert and tenor. First solid wood ukes I purchased and wasn't disappointed at all. Very underrated IMO. Jason(seller) very pleasant and helpful to deal with....................................BO........ .................

dredey
09-29-2011, 11:31 AM
They look interesting.