Tivo + UEFA Champions League = less practice time

23skidoo

Reaction score
I've recorded all the Champions League games this week and I'm slowly making my way through. All that spare time spent on the uke turns into coach potato time whenever one of the big tourneys kicks into gear.

Any other soccer/football/futbol fans out there?

I'm a Barça fan - which aside from Busquests, Alves, and a few others turning into the Spanish National Diving Team - has been great fun these last few years.

Last edited:
I felt bad for Bate yesterday. 5 - nil is a little unfair. Messi is amazing, but David Villa is my personal favorite. There's really not a bad player on that team.

I've gotten into futbol way more lately. I played back in elementary school but the whole World Cup last year started things rolling again.

I tend to watch more La Liga, Serie A, Concacaf (when it's televised). They never show Brasil league stuff on channels I get.

Favorite player of all time right now is Diego Forlan. I'm glad he went to Inter because they're televised more than Atletico Madrid was.

Awesome song too!

Awesome song too!

Thanks, man!

Yeah, I always feel sorry for smaller clubs that get drawn to play Barcelona.... although football is great in that they always have a chance to get a point. If they can hang on and defend well, they can get something out of the game with a nil-nil draw.

Diego Forlan is pretty amazing. I like players like him - and Messi - that are modest, hard working professionals. He and Kun Aguero were a pretty good forward pair at Atletico for a few years - too bad it kind of stalled out and they've gone their separate ways..... it is nice to see Forlan at a bigger club as he's getting older, though...

Yeah, the lack of football on television in the States is hard to take. Especially here in the south, some of what's available isn't even offered through our local cable provider. I end up watching lots of English Premier League soccer - it's available on cable and it's a really competitive league. The pace of play and intensity reminds me more of American football, which I grew up playing. I love the beautiful, possession-based game that Barça plays, but I find myself enjoying the week-to-week games of the EPL more. Over the last ten years, I turned into quite a Liverpool fan, as well.....

Diego Forlan is pretty amazing. I like players like him - and Messi - that are modest, hard working professionals.

That's exactly why they are 2 of my favorite players. They don't dive and roll around looking for a foul, like Diego's countryman Luis Suarez. he's good, but he complains a lot.

Yeah, the lack of football on television in the States is hard to take. Especially here in the south, some of what's available isn't even offered through our local cable provider. I end up watching lots of English Premier League soccer - it's available on cable and it's a really competitive league. The pace of play and intensity reminds me more of American football, which I grew up playing. I love the beautiful, possession-based game that Barça plays, but I find myself enjoying the week-to-week games of the EPL more. Over the last ten years, I turned into quite a Liverpool fan, as well.....

The premier league is usually what's on Fox Soccer and I'll watch it every now and then.

We do get Telemundo and Univision here through Comcast and even though I can't really understand much (I speak a little Spanish) it's still fun to listen to how excited the Mexican announcers get. GOL! GOL! GOL! x 10.

As an Inter fan I am approaching this season with a healthy dose of low expectations. The start was horribly bad. The only thing making me feel better is that Milan seems to be in the doldrums as well, and the nerazzurri did get two wins in their last two matches (even picking one up in Europe against CSKA).

Forza Inter!

Ryrod - yeah, I love watching the Spanish commentary on the Latin based coverage..... a lot of La Liga games get streamed on ESPN3 with the Spanish-speaking announcers - a lot more exciting than the usual staid English guys, even if I can't catch most of what they're saying.

PoiDog - I think Inter is going to come on strong this season. Once Leonardo builds up his own team a bit more in the transfer window, they're really going to come together - they've just got too many quality players. I've always preferred them to Milan - as a club, they've just got a lot of style....

PoiDog - I think Inter is going to come on strong this season. Once Leonardo builds up his own team a bit more in the transfer window, they're really going to come together - they've just got too many quality players. I've always preferred them to Milan - as a club, they've just got a lot of style....

I think I'd have more faith if Leonardo was still managing. But they had the disastrous experiment with Gasperini to start the season, and have brought on Ranieri after three matches to try and get things straight.

Still, Inter is very old in the back, and even with Sneijder and Forlan, the loss of Eto'o is going to sting. Hopefully Milito and Pazzini find their form and adds some punch up top, but the poor defense (Chivu and Zanetti are just old) will be the death of Inter.

....brain spasm..... meant to type "Once Ranieri builds up his own team a bit more in the transfer window'"..... just got a chance to watch their win over CSKA last night - I think he's going to be a good fit once he gets a chance to make some of his own changes. And you're right - he needs to shore up the defense...

That's exactly why they are 2 of my favorite players. They don't dive and roll around looking for a foul, like Diego's countryman Luis Suarez. he's good, but he complains a lot.

The premier league is usually what's on Fox Soccer and I'll watch it every now and then.

We do get Telemundo and Univision here through Comcast and even though I can't really understand much (I speak a little Spanish) it's still fun to listen to how excited the Mexican announcers get. GOL! GOL! GOL! x 10.

Although Diego Forlan borke my heart(Fulham fan, his goal beat us in hamburg in the Europa league final) after the final whistle went, he came over, applauded all of the fulham fans, then shook the hand of every player and member of staff rom Fulham before going to clap his own fans. Brilliant player, and as a person, class personified.

Top Bottom