New Uke Day! (Kamaka 8-string tenor)

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Actually, New Uke Day was this past Saturday. On my way home from my Kapalakiko workshop on Saturday in San Jose, I stopped at Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto to have a strap button installed on a Kamaka tenor I had bought there in July. While I was there, I fell for a Kamaka tenor 8-string (HF-38) and I ended up buying it. The clincher was that the ukulele's birthdate was July 27, 2011, two days after my birthday. The strings are still settling and I'm still acclimating to it (I already have a Lanikai 8-string, which I may now have to sell) but it sounds and feels great. I haven't had a chance to take photos yet, but here's a link to the photos of this ukulele that Gryphon had posted on its website. http://gryphonstrings.com/instpix/36907/36907.php

Happy New Uke Day! Congrats :D

I've never played an 8 string, I take it it's all four strings twice but an octave between them? or am I off base?

The clincher was that the ukulele's birthdate was July 27, 2011, two days after my birthday.

Wow! You were born this past summer?? But I could swear we've been typing at each other longer than that!

Okay, so I'm a smartass - but congrats on the new 8-string. Play it in Good Health, as my Grandmother would have said.

-kurt​

Very nice Mark. I can imagine the fullness of the sound. Enjoy.

I frequent Gryphon's website and have looked at that one quite a bit. I have yet to play more than a 4 string ukulele, but would very much like to try one.
Looks beautiful. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Top Bottom